Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My gloves stink
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can buy a replacement dogbone or dogbone bushings for my 2003 I-drive? I know there's that place in Britain but are there any US suppliers?

Thanks,
Appendage

·
Old school BMXer
2,695 Posts
If I remember correctly (from a friend who used to work in GT purchasing), the bushings are an off-the-shelf part, and so you should be able to find them from bushing suppliers.

·
My gloves stink
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I stopped by the local bearing house...he said that he might be able to get them in bronze for me, but not sure. We'd have to remove the old ones to take the measurements and if we do that we'd probably end up wrecking them, which I don't want to do. They are still usable, barely.

Back to the original question- Anyone out there know where to get dogbone bushings?

·
My gloves stink
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried that and they told me I had to go thru a local dealer. The local dealer told me I have to come in to make the order. So...30 minutes to the dealer and 30 minutes back for the initial order...then 30 minutes each way again to pick it up when it comes in...2 hours in the car for some stinkin' bushings! Doesn't exactly make me want to buy any more GTs, and I've had several.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,877 Posts
Appendage said:
I tried that and they told me I had to go thru a local dealer. The local dealer told me I have to come in to make the order. So...30 minutes to the dealer and 30 minutes back for the initial order...then 30 minutes each way again to pick it up when it comes in...2 hours in the car for some stinkin' bushings! Doesn't exactly make me want to buy any more GTs, and I've had several.
So your local dealer wouldn't even let you do it over the phone. How hard is it to place your order over the phone and just throw it on your credit card.

·
My gloves stink
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I begged, they relented

Well, if anyone is interested, I called GT again and begged for mercy. The rep was moved by the sound of a grown man crying over the phone and reluctantly took my order for the bushings. Moral of the story: The crying dogbone gets the bushings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.