Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the best place (in terms of price and service) to purchase an El Rey frame? What price am I looking at compared to MSRP and what is the wait time. Planning on a Medium El Rey in kermit green. Anyone running the 5" rocker option?

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
trikobe said:
What am I looking at paying if I were to go through Chad vs competitive cyclist?
people wont (and shouldn't) post prices on the forum....not cool to do so.

besides, for people like me, Larry and Chad charge 10% over retail so my price would not be relevant for you.

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,818 Posts
If you check the competitive cyclist's website for the El Ray and then look at the Ventana website.....it seems that Sherwood changed the El Ray to have the machined BB/shock mount (El Capt & others) verses the mount like the El Patron. I assume that picture was an early prototype. Any thoughts or reasons?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
mtnbiker4life said:
it seems that Sherwood changed the El Ray to have the machined BB/shock mount (El Capt & others) verses the mount like the El Patron. I assume that picture was an early prototype. Any thoughts or reasons?
Yeah the El Rey is basically a 29er Saltamontes. So Sherwood decided to go with the machined bb. Most people ordering the Rey requested the machined bb anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.