Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I order some Alex Rims online besides AirBomb ? I read bad stuff about Airbomb so...

Thanks guys !
Jean-Sebastien

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
Any site that uses the QBP database - which is most of the "smaller" sites. Google for the rim you want and they will pop up (aebike.com is one).

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all !
I knew that QBP sells them but as I don't work in a bike shop anymore, I didn't know where to get them. But you answer my question.
I have another question; Any good feedback on those two (aebike and adrenalinebikes) ?
in terms of customer service.

Thanks again !
Jean-Sebastien

·
Auto-x addict
281 Posts
I've had good luck w/ Adrenaline, although I had to call my order in b/c their "secure" checkout page was not secure (I told them about it, they may have fixed it by now).
Never dealt with AE Bike.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
AE Bike=Very Good

I've purchased from them and found that they are competitively priced, and quick to ship (so long as QBP has the item, of course).

Can't speak for Adrenaline.

Bob

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mr.P said:
www.universalcycles.com out of Oregon. I just had them build me a set of wheels. Good service so far.

Mr. P
Thanks for that info, Oregon is close to Alberta so it must ship pretty fast. AEBike.com looks interesting too. I guess I'll decide when I need the rims.

Thank you all,
Jean-Sebastien

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
jean-seb said:
Thanks for that info, Oregon is close to Alberta so it must ship pretty fast. AEBike.com looks interesting too. I guess I'll decide when I need the rims.

Thank you all,
Jean-Sebastien
It looks like the TD-17 is a very good bang-for-the-buck rim.

Vuelta newer rims are OK too. A bit on the porky side but very reliable. I got two Vuelta Typhoon that had machined brake tracks, laser etched logos and eyelets for around 15-20 bucks back in the day. They needed very little truing and are very stiff at the expense of some weight.

Alex are good too. Maybe they don't have fancy features, but are no-non-sense rims.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rim type...

Hi !
I should have mentioned the type of rim in the Alex line-up I was looking for. It's either the DX32 (39mm wide) to build a set of winter wheels, or the DM24 (32mm but available in 48holes) for a set of indestructible wheels for touring.

But thanks anyway :)
Jean-Sebastien

1 - 10 of 10 Posts