Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
Ive got a Yeti Ultimate sitting in my basement done up like it should have been in the 90s down to the tioga disk drive and grafton brakes.. problem is its painted a nasty forest green and the paints nicked up and looking old. wheres the best place to get it refinished? also is there anywhere to get an ultimate sticker set or does a refinisher recreate the lettering through stencils? its not like this is headed to a museum or anything so i wanted to keep costs kinda reasonable and not go overboard. thanks for any suggestions
steve

·
Now... harder to kill.
449 Posts
I've done two Ultimates recently and it's actually very affordable. The hardest part is finding the decal set. Strip the parts and scrub them out with degreaser. Lube and set aside. Strip the frame down and take it to a local powdercoater for your favorite color. The frame can be sandblasted and recoated for around $100-150. Reassemble with new cables and housing. All can be done for less than $200.

Or if it's a 20" frame, sell it to me. Send me a PM immediately. That is your command.

·
Dumpster Diver
1,093 Posts
If you're in the Bay Area, I can help you. What year it is will determine which decal set it will get. I'm in the process of reproducing decals. There is also a gentleman who is a forum member who has decals that will work. If your bike is a 17.5, sell it to me! That is your command.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.