Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a heckler or nomad. Should I buy on line or from a local shop. If on line where can I get a really good deal... Also is the x9 am package solid or should I spend the extra money and get the xo am package...

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'd recommend checking your local shops...I just picked up a 2007 V10 anodized with the 40RC2 for less in Canadian dollars than what Speedgoat has it listed in US dollars. But my LBS is pretty big and does some significant SC volume.

And as for the X0 vs. the X9, the X9 is a solid kit...you can't go wrong with unless you have the extra cash and really want the X0 level stuff (overall not a huge difference in components).

·
Registered
18 Posts
The X0 componets are going to be lighter but only you can decide if that is worth the extra $$$. My lbs that is the major seller around my area is about 10% more than speedgoat. Although they do have alot of prebuilt bikes that are ready to go today. I dont know how long it takes to get a bike from speedgoat.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Speedgoat????

guys, I did the franken bike thing for my new SC and it came out to over $4,600 (XTR, SLR, Thoimson, King, Juicy Ultimates...)

Speedgoat has a sweet package which is XTR but with some stuff i did not want, like an XTR cassette. By swapping out the stuff I Should have gotten the bike for a little over $4100.

I tried getting it for the $4100 plus a deal on some Nokons and the dude had the audacity to say "we're passing on it" and did not try to find a compromise:madmax:

So... I called up Colorado Cyclist:D I got the bike for $3,893!!! and I ended up with the XTR FD as wel ( I was wanting to swap it out for XT at Speedgoat to save money) Colorado has packages as well and they'll subtract if you wanna downgrade or upcharge for the difference for upgrades

Colorado Cyclist smoked Speedgoat. they're selection is pretty good but not perfect. They didn't have a WTB Pure V so I went with a Rocket V instead and they didn't have NOKONS so I'm going with the XTR cables but my lord they've got smoking prices on wheels and forks if your building a bike.

Ask for Andy Michelin, he's friendly and helpful.

My 2 cents

·
dirty trail dog
601 Posts
velez3000 said:
So... I called up Colorado Cyclist:D I got the bike for $3,893!!! and I ended up with the XTR FD as wel ( I was wanting to swap it out for XT at Speedgoat to save money) Colorado has packages as well and they'll subtract if you wanna downgrade or upcharge for the difference for upgrades

Colorado Cyclist smoked Speedgoat. they're selection is pretty good but not perfect. They didn't have a WTB Pure V so I went with a Rocket V instead and they didn't have NOKONS so I'm going with the XTR cables but my lord they've got smoking prices on wheels and forks if your building a bike.

Ask for Andy Michelin, he's friendly and helpful.

My 2 cents
Seconding the Colorado Cyclist recommendation. On my Fruita trip last October, I made a side-trip to their shop, and was very impressed. They know SC bikes probably better than any bike shop out there. They also have always had the best prices. And if you're just buying the frame, you get a wicked deal on a fork (something like 35% off).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.