Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Captain Climber
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife broke her ankle so I thought while her bike was not being used I would swap the fork and wheel off her 2017 Trek Stache and put it on my 2014 Nimble 9. The fork fit perfectly and I really like the way the bike rides with this setup.

I've been looking for a 29+ boosted fork that will handle a 3.0 tire and can't find any.. or do I just not know what I am looking for?

Anybody else try this setup? What is it called? I've tried a 27.5+ on the rear of this bike with the regular 29 up front. I think they call that a 79er. It was nice too but I preferred the bike stock with 29s until trying the 29+ on the front.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The MRP Ribbon Air 29 chassis will work for 29+. It's not official stated, however they told me as long as you stay with a 40 mm rim or less you should be able to fit any 29 x 3.0 inch tire.

I'm running a bontrager xr4 29 x 3.0 on I-9 bc360 rims (36mm). I LOVE the setup. the MRP ribbon air is the best fork, hands down, that I've ever owned.

The pics are at 11psi.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Captain Climber
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Rockshox Pike 29+ RC fork for sale
I don't see it listed anywhere? Will it take a wide rim and tire?

I've searched for all the mentioned Forks new and the only thing I can find is a Manitou Machete.. are these any good? I like the Magnum but it appears to be a better fork.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.