Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted to know if there is a good place to buy rear shock bushings besides the manufacturer.
anyone know where i should try????
and this is for a few different shocks. please any sugestions

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Push Industries

I know PUSH used to sell them. In fact it shows the on this page:

http://www.pushindustries.com/products.php

Problem is, once you click on it, the bushings aren't there.

I had to go to a machine shop to get the right sized bushings to fit one of my rides.

·
Registered
473 Posts
well you said "besides the manufacturer", but that is what I would do. For me it was the best and cheapest place.

I got a shock PUSHed and tried to get new reducers from them at the same time. After two sets that weren't even close to fitting, I gave up and ordered from Fox direct. Cost $6 total, arrived in three days, perfect fit (PUSH was $20 a set). I didn't think Fox would deal with me since I'm not a shop, but is wasn't an issue.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I buy from BEDT a Strong bush that is a Stainless reducer and HullaHoop (nylon) bush. It came with a pair of rubbers. I don't think is superior of Fox, maybe the bush, it's like the Turner pivot bushes, but the reducers doesn't fit tight on the bushes, have some loose felling not like the Fox reducers that fit snug on the bushes.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks again for more info. i have a risse astro 5 and a stratos helix expert. i got risse to make the ones for the astro 5 and send them to me here in germany. they fit the second time around. 3 weeks no ride.
does anyone know what is up with the stratos website??
the sizes i need is not on anyones list. (17mm and 32mm for 6mm bolt) i could go to a quite capable machinist here if i could find one and could even speak 2 words of Deutch.
so this is why i want to find alternate source.
BTW, 20$, euros, or rubles is nothing to be able to ride my bike.
(can anyone truthfully dispute that??)

·
Registered
473 Posts
sorry I figured it was from one of the big 3 shock companies. I've read a few threads here on MTBR saying that Stratos is now out of business. Something about a lawsuit from Specialized? Anyway maybe a local machinist os the best bet if you can find a translator.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts