Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older frame that I'm putting together for a friend. It doesn't have disc mounts, so the old owner used one of those adapters for discs. He took off the posts that you mount the V-brakes on. We're putting V's on this frame, so I need the posts. I checked at a couple local shops and they didn't have any laying around or anything.

Is there anywhere online I can order just those posts?

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Are they standardized?

Are V Brake mounts a standard size and thread, or are they specific to a given manufacturer or frame? If they are standard, I have a hardtail that might still have the V Brake mounts on it. If so, I'll be happy to give them up IF they come off the frame easily.

Bob

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe they are standard sized. The guy that had it before me put the disc conversion on. When he bought it, it came with a bolt and bracket. The bracket held the hydraulic line in place on the seat stay, and the bolt went into the boss where the brake post went. He said they didn't ask what kind of frame it was.

As for getting them out, I don't know. He said he sprayed a little WD-40 down into his, waited a little while, then twisted them out by hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.