Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
No Gansta Lean here.
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used to run 2.3's fr and r on my Smorgasbord hardtail.
Now, I ride an old school Eastern Woods Research Original Woods Bike frame and can only fit a 2.1 on the rear. (currently with WTB Weirwolf 2.3 in fr and 2.1 in rear)

I have two brand new, 2.3 Continental Survival Pros sitting around. I'd love to buy two of the 2.1 Survival Pros (or the "Pro-Tection" ones...doesn't matter to me) to be able to run the combo as my next two sets of tires.

I know that they've been discontinued and I've looked around briefly online to try to find them on closeout.

Anyone come across them anywhere lately?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!

·
No Gansta Lean here.
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Verndog...I'd also like...that fork...

The black Marz Z2 Atom in the photo in your profile....
As long as it's not a "light" air model.
Coil and Oil, baby!
Still have it around?
What cond. is it in?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Eastcoaster said:
Used to run 2.3's fr and r on my Smorgasbord hardtail.
Now, I ride an old school Eastern Woods Research Original Woods Bike frame and can only fit a 2.1 on the rear. (currently with WTB Weirwolf 2.3 in fr and 2.1 in rear)

I have two brand new, 2.3 Continental Survival Pros sitting around. I'd love to buy two of the 2.1 Survival Pros (or the "Pro-Tection" ones...doesn't matter to me) to be able to run the combo as my next two sets of tires.

I know that they've been discontinued and I've looked around briefly online to try to find them on closeout.

Anyone come across them anywhere lately?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Check out the maxxis ignitors - they come in a 2.1 size and are a blatant rip off of the survival pros

·
No Gansta Lean here.
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Slowly...Thanks for the tip!...

Slowly said:
Speedgoat shows two in stock on their closeout page.

Here's a link:http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp?part=47884
Funny thing is, I'm on Speedgoat's site all of the time. If I don't buy from my LBS (Shirk's in East Earl, PA) I try to buy from Speedgoat...even if the price may be slightly higher than some of the deep discount web big boys.
Just feel better about it as I feel that I'm at least supporting a "local" (PA at least) shop.
Never even looked on their closeout page. Checked everywhere else though...oh, well.

Just dropped them an email to double check on the stock status before ordering.

Thanks also for the other posts with the Maxxis tip. But, being that I already have two new 2.3 Survival Pros sitting in my garage...I'd like the front and rear to match for my old school Eastern Woods Research bike....still wishing I could fit a 2.3 on the rear of it though...
But, if I snag the two remaing ones at Speedgoat...I'll be in tires for quite a while as I have new Weirwolfs on it now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.