Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My riding buddy has a carbon fiber Fastrax full suspension he got off eBay a couple years ago. It may have been made by Merida (who owns Specialized?) It has Specialized hubs and cranks.

Anyway, it has a coil shock in the back that is 11.5" eye-to-eye. Now he wants a lockout in the back, and would also like the weight savings of an air shock. I have never seen an 11.5" shock for sale anywhere, coil or air. The closest thing to it was the Noleen shock from my Animal, which was around 10".

He's got some idea about making a shock extension, but no real detail on how you would attach it to the eyelet of (say) a Fox Float. The shock itself is about the size of a Float, and the rest is a shaft running down to a rod end that fastens to a bracket on the frame.

Any suggestions on either adapting an existing shock, or finding a stock one to fit?

Dave
www.davewilson.cc/Bike

·
Registered
10,032 Posts
dlwilson42 said:
My riding buddy has a carbon fiber Fastrax full suspension he got off eBay a couple years ago. It may have been made by Merida (who owns Specialized?) It has Specialized hubs and cranks.

Anyway, it has a coil shock in the back that is 11.5" eye-to-eye. Now he wants a lockout in the back, and would also like the weight savings of an air shock. I have never seen an 11.5" shock for sale anywhere, coil or air. The closest thing to it was the Noleen shock from my Animal, which was around 10".

He's got some idea about making a shock extension, but no real detail on how you would attach it to the eyelet of (say) a Fox Float. The shock itself is about the size of a Float, and the rest is a shaft running down to a rod end that fastens to a bracket on the frame.

Any suggestions on either adapting an existing shock, or finding a stock one to fit?

Dave
www.davewilson.cc/Bike
The only thing I can think of would be to contact some of the custom shock tuners - Avalanche, Push, Romic etc. and see if they can help out. Anything like that is probably going to get expensive REAL fast. I would almost be considering a new frame :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.