Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an old pair of rims and hubs that i would like to build up. i know exactly what size i need and i can build and true them myself, i just need a handful of spokes. LBS sells them for $1 each, so that adds up to $72 for just spokes! where is the cheapest place to buy a whole set of stainless steel spokes?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Usually, both rims and spokes are replaced at the same time. Yours might be an exception because you know what your rims have gone through, and if you have sufficient confidence in them, they aren't bent or flat spotted, you might get away with it.

mack_turtle said:
i have an old pair of rims and hubs that i would like to build up. i know exactly what size i need and i can build and true them myself, i just need a handful of spokes. LBS sells them for $1 each, so that adds up to $72 for just spokes! where is the cheapest place to buy a whole set of stainless steel spokes?

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Dan's Competition
I just picked up a full set of black st.ga. Sapim spokes and nipples for $18 shipped. Silver would be even cheaper. Hands down Dan's is the cheapest I have seen for spokes and oddly enough they have sizes long enough for mtb 29er wheels despite being a bmx shop :thumbsup:

I prefer DT spokes for my wheel builds, but I am not going to pay $1ea for black DT comps and then pay for nipples on top of that (which is a racket since DT includes nipples).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.