Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people are running tubeless, and I may in the future, but I am going with tubes to start. Where are you guys getting your 650B tubes? Also, is there a certain size within the 650B tube category that I need to get? I will be using Blunt rims and XC Fire Pro 2.1 tires.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Underskilled
4,747 Posts
26" tubes work fine on a 29er, so using on an designed for girls 650b shouldn't be a prob.

I have even used 24" tubes on my 29er, but that didnt work so well.

·
master blaster
1,149 Posts
the first link is correct. the second its a 650c not 650b which is found on alot of TRI bikes.

a standard 26" tube fits like you wouldnt believe.
i was told that and believed it would be difficult and a bit sketchy but i got a flat and only had a 26" tube and have been riding for 25-30 miles with no issue and installation was nothing but ordinary.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I considered using 26" but was skeptical. Think I will give them shot. Also, thanks for the smart a** comment flargle. Glad you get off on helping advance the sport of mountain biking,:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
chuckie33 said:
Thanks guys. I considered using 26" but was skeptical. Think I will give them shot. Also, thanks for the smart a** comment flargle. Glad you get off on helping advance the sport of mountain biking,:thumbsup:
I use 26" Specialized Turbo tubes in my 29er wheels (the ones that aren't tubeless). Light, pre-talced, fit in all my wheel sizes.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wish I Were Riding said:
I use 26" Specialized Turbo tubes in my 29er wheels (the ones that aren't tubeless). Light, pre-talced, fit in all my wheel sizes.
I use the same tubes on my 26" currently. Think I will stick with them on my 650B.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
chuckie33 said:
I know a lot of people are running tubeless, and I may in the future, but I am going with tubes to start. Where are you guys getting your 650B tubes? Also, is there a certain size within the 650B tube category that I need to get? I will be using Blunt rims and XC Fire Pro 2.1 tires.
As said, 26" tubes work just fine. This is a Spec Turbo (lightweight) 26x2.00 tube

Kenda does make 27.5x2.10/2.35 tubes. Received some with the Nevegal samples they sent me. Do not know anywhere that stocks them.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
CaveGiant said:
26" tubes work fine on a 29er, so using on an designed for girls 650b shouldn't be a prob.

I have even used 24" tubes on my 29er, but that didnt work so well.
i'm still trying to decipher your attempt at a sentence, but are you implying that the 29er was designed for men, and the 650b was designed for girls? or did i misinterpret what you wrote? please clarify...

·
Registered
14 Posts
jumped the gun on 650b tubes

:yikes: get this - tried ordering....they are on back order...doh.
what's up - all kinds of tires out there but can't get "correct" size tube :madman:
not giving up that easy, will keep you'all posted :eek:ut:

·
Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
1,630 Posts
Gianni said:
:yikes: get this - tried ordering....they are on back order...doh.
what's up - all kinds of tires out there but can't get "correct" size tube :madman:
not giving up that easy, will keep you'all posted :eek:ut:
Just use a 26" tube... they are perfect for 650b and work flawlessly.

Cheers,

KP

·
Registered
21 Posts
this cracked me up...
I had the LBS order me some tubes, to carry on long rides just in case.
On the box its marked 650 when I took one out to put in my saddle pack I noticed on the tube its marked 26 X 1-1/2

PS I just returned from a multi day trip to Terlingua TX (Big Bend) all desert riding, every living plant has thorns NO FLATS go tubeless!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts