Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdee,
I was just wondering where y'all shopped online for XTR disc brake parts. Specifically, I'm looking for the Shimano Mineral Oil, Yellow and Red Caliper spacers, brake pads, etc... Also, the tube that is used for bleeding I assume can be the same tubing that I can get at the pet store (for aquariums?).
Thanks in advance...
G

·
Master Of Fooliganism
483 Posts
XTR small parts

Hey G,
Having a hard time finding parts myself. Seen brake pads at various mail order houses (can't remember off of the top of my head, try Speedgoat.com), as far as other small parts, good luck. I've seen a large plastic tackle box, full of bits and pieces at a Canadian bike shop. They got it from Shimana Canada. Try your local high end shop and see if they have the kit. Or maybe they can get it from Shimano USA.

Oni hates the fact he can't get parts easily for his brakes.

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got them

My local shop had the parts. They were able to just give me the spacers, the shims, and I bought a bleed kit from them as well. I also got a syringe to do the bottom up bleed from the local drug store... Now I have a leak on the front reservoir cap so I probably need to warranty the cap, bolts, washer, and gasket from the shop as well... Oh yeah, and the rotor (squeals like a stuck pig) needs to be fixed by replacing with an XT rotor... I'm starting to think I should've just stuck with V's. hehe... But I'll give the hydraulics some more time.

·
I already rode that
1,632 Posts
flipnidaho said:
My local shop had the parts. They were able to just give me the spacers, the shims, and I bought a bleed kit from them as well. I also got a syringe to do the bottom up bleed from the local drug store... Now I have a leak on the front reservoir cap so I probably need to warranty the cap, bolts, washer, and gasket from the shop as well... Oh yeah, and the rotor (squeals like a stuck pig) needs to be fixed by replacing with an XT rotor... I'm starting to think I should've just stuck with V's. hehe... But I'll give the hydraulics some more time.
Im using hayes rotors with my XTR discs. They havent squealed on me for the longest time. Usually when they get wet they sqeal. I havent tried the XTR rotors since I lack the hub for them but I hear the squeal.
Even go buy those cheap 160mm discs some places sell. They work and dont squeal.

My XTR's are getting that stuck piston syndrome again...grrr

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Howler

It seems that the XTR rotors do not like being mated to XTR wheels as when I setup the brakes so that there is absolutely no rub, they howl like banshees only when coasting. If there is a tiny bit of rub, no howl. I'm hoping that the XT rotors fit (my only choice since I'm using the Center Lock hubs).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.