Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I bike long tyme.
1,107 Posts
CHUNKY NUGGET said:
Looking to buy a Titanium spring 500 x 2.5 for a Fox DHX, wheres the best place to buy them? they rarely come on ebay?
Thanx for any help:thumbsup:
Any bike shop or online dealer can get them from BTI.

Or you can order direct from Renton Coil Spring.

·
Registered
851 Posts
go-ride.com

Youre not going to find "cheaper" prices on Ti springs. All the ones on eBay (aside from fellow riders selling their used ones) are Chinese knock offs, that may be actual Ti, but not the same quality, and they arent as light as the proper RCS ones, my friend ordered one so Ive seen it first hand. Go-ride has the proper 1.38 ID RCS springs for DHX shocks. I had ordered a 1.48 ID from them just before they started carrying the DHX specific ones. I ended up just recently ordering the DHX one as I couldnt stand the creaking it made. Make sure you order right the first time!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
there`s a guy selling Ti Progressive spring on ebay a long time ago...he has limited choice of sizes but...I've already bought 2 spring from him and all was perfect...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow guys the losing my Belly option is looking by far the cheapest way out.
Ti springs go up in price too once they hit the 500lb mark, Doh! if only Maico rider on ebay had my size in stock, thatd rock!
Man if someone could make "quality" cheap Ti springs in sizes we need they'd make a killing.

·
Registered
456 Posts
cheap Ti now theres an idea. thats like saying "if someone cold make cheap quality porsches they would make a killing"

you get what you pay for and 1/5 lb weight savings is worth 400 to some people

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeh but they do make cheap porsches its just they have a toyota name badge.
I dunno man i reckon they'd make 'em cheap in China or Taiwan or something? I remember a while back there was cheap Tiawan ones getting around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.