Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's the best shop I can get a 800lb 2"x7.875" spring for a fox vanilla-r ? Titanium really make much difference?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,230 Posts
800 pounds are u crazy??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,230 Posts
I got my spring from my LBS, it is a 750 lb. MRP manufactured by Eibach. A 800 lb spring isn't crazy for dudes that weigh over 200 pounds. Especially if you use the bike for everything. Sorry my spring on my FSR is a 850 lb. Here are a few pics, kinda crappy because my camera blows.
 

Attachments

·
Samsonite Tester
Joined
·
3,993 Posts
Zonk0u said:
what's the best shop I can get a 800lb 2"x7.875" spring for a fox vanilla-r ? Titanium really make much difference?
Ti will drop a lot of weight over the steel version. Any lbs can order it from Fox direct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evel Knievel said:
Ti will drop a lot of weight over the steel version. Any lbs can order it from Fox direct.
no, im not crazy... Im also not a 105lb 14 year old scrawny kid. 800lbs was recomended by kona for my weight and bike. Call them crazy if you like.

yes but I want it cheapest. what am I looking to spend on a ti spring?. LBS lost their opportunity for sale by squandering convenience. Convenience out the window, price is all thats left for me. Anyplace online that sells em cheap?
 

·
Samsonite Tester
Joined
·
3,993 Posts
MTBsSd said:
psuh industries does em' for around $35 I think... Unless u want ti... then u'll be racking it out
Any lbs can order them from Fox for around $35 . Leave pussh out of the loop to save at least one shipping charge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
834 Posts
i have an 800 lb spring that i took off a brand new rc and havent used it. i thinnk its the same dimension but i have to check. you could buy it if you want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
834 Posts
Zonk0u said:
I do, let me know. the vanilla R is 2" stroke 7.875" eye2eye
the spring that i have is a fox spring- 800 lb x 2.30. the length of the spring is 6 inches so i think it should work. it is scartched up somewhat because i had some trouble getting it off the rc. so let me know if you want it..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Amazing Larry104 said:
the spring that i have is a fox spring- 800 lb x 2.30. the length of the spring is 6 inches so i think it should work. it is scartched up somewhat because i had some trouble getting it off the rc. so let me know if you want it..
I shot an email over to fox to check compatability, if all is good, how much?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
he said it should work so long as it's not a DH spring. Something about using different sized retainers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
834 Posts
Zonk0u said:
I shot an email over to fox to check compatability, if all is good, how much?
$ 20.00 + shipping. you can PM me with your adress if you want it so i can send it to you. We could use PayPal if you have it, but if you dont you could just send a check.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top