Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

i'm looking for a couple freewheel (20-21 and 16 tooth). there is a local shop that can bring them in, but they want 40 bucks a shot for whatever brand it is they carry. i'd prefer the price range of ACS or dicta...

harris cycles has what i want, but never ordered from them and they don't have much of an international shipping policy. anywhere online or elsewhere that can help me??

thanks!

·
wot no bike?
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Jenson is good to Canada and so is Spicer.

It is a shame that Bike Shops in Alberta only have FreeRide gear to sell to fat-kids. Recently, I wanted to try some "Mary's", but the local store said that they have never heard of them or seen them in the catalogs.

·
Registered
599 Posts
ferday said:
hi,

i'm looking for a couple freewheel (20-21 and 16 tooth). there is a local shop that can bring them in, but they want 40 bucks a shot for whatever brand it is they carry. i'd prefer the price range of ACS or dicta...

harris cycles has what i want, but never ordered from them and they don't have much of an international shipping policy. anywhere online or elsewhere that can help me??

thanks!
try calling B&P cycle - I've bought a 20 tooth acs from them for about 25 bucks a few years ago

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Chewieez said:
Check ebay as well. I just won an auction for a new White Industries 17t freewheel from Bikeman for $42 plus $8 shipping. Worth every bit of that.....
I thought I saw that Bikeman doesn't ship internationally. :confused: I could be wrong, but .....

Another vote for Misfit Psycles. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
The problem with buying parts in Canada is the fact that alot of component manufacturers don't have distribution here. We're pretty much limited to what we can get from Canadian suppliers. Most shops will order specialty stuff from QBP but even then not everything is available to us. If a product isn't produced in North America then it becomes even harder due to severe import duties. What you can do is call the manufacturer directly, find out who is the distributer for thier stuff, then have the bikeshop order if for you, or sometimes you can even get it direct. If your shop won't at least try to bring it in, (hey, you're the one who's paying right?) then you should probably reconsider your relationship with them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I guess that I should also mention that ACS freewheels are available from Norco so any shop can order them in. Unfortunately, they run about $39.00 a piece and they only carry up to 18t.

·
your ankles are fat
335 Posts
lane said:
I guess that I should also mention that ACS freewheels are available from Norco so any shop can order them in. Unfortunately, they run about $39.00 a piece and they only carry up to 18t.
fyi,

they(Norco) carry up to 20t(3/32) and run $30.00(Cad) from ACS

·
Registered
618 Posts
here's another vote for phatmoosecycles.com

they're really rad guys too, which can't hurt - they have lots of love for the fixed gear riders and the couriers in town ... plus they stock a bunch of white industries, surly, and phil wood stuff ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.