Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what a way to try and pick a potential riding buddy or more. just kidding, i am sure this will not work and i may get some nasty responses. just like taking a new line on the bike, i had to try. good flagstaff bloke here to show the best az has to offer to any willing la femme riders. need some estrogen on the rides, testosterone getting to be too much with these macho freeriders.

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
schwinn77 said:
what a way to try and pick a potential riding buddy or more. just kidding, i am sure this will not work and i may get some nasty responses. just like taking a new line on the bike, i had to try. good flagstaff bloke here to show the best az has to offer to any willing la femme riders. need some estrogen on the rides, testosterone getting to be too much with these macho freeriders.
Uh, oh. Dejas vu all over again. May I suggest some recommended reading?

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=34511

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=29270&highlight=trail+thumper

Kathy Mooooooooo

·
Registered
571 Posts
pa·thet·ic (p-thtk) also pa·thet·i·cal (--kl)
adj.

1. Arousing or capable of arousing sympathetic sadness and compassion: “The old, rather shabby room struck her as extraordinarily pathetic” (John Galsworthy).
2. Arousing or capable of arousing scornful pity.

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

schwinn77 said:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........what? did someone say something?

·
Registered
691 Posts
It's NOT a new line!

schwinn77 said:
just like taking a new line on the bike, i had to try. QUOTE]

As "Lucky" pointed out, it is an old (and tiresome) line.

·
Registered
681 Posts
A real helpful hint for riding during menstruation is to cut the string of the tampon, that way you eliminate the chafing effect of the string, especially on long rides. Where was that link to that kooky device? Some sort of menstrating cup or something? Anyway, a tampon with the string cut short works fine for me. Now, as to the problem of swellling ankles, those are the days that I will choose to wear low cut socks. That pesky water weight gain can lead to unsighly cankle overlap on socks that go higher up the ankle. I find that I am most "off balance" a few days before and the first few days into my period. Not quite sure why that is as I don't really suffer from any other noticeable premenstrual symptoms. Of course, there are some in my life who might argue with me on that one. All of these inconviences are minor and I find that I am able to ride during my period without problems, although I am a bit more sluggish and don't tend to do as well in races.

Sabine

·
Registered
571 Posts
Sabine said:
A real helpful hint for riding during menstruation is to cut the string of the tampon, that way you eliminate the chafing effect of the string, especially on long rides.

Sabine
Probably saves weight too...

·
Administrator
10,338 Posts
Mister, you are not smart. Would you go into the DH forum and ask for advice on the best flat handlebar? or ask the singlespeeder's about 9 speed advice? How 'bout asking the clydes' about the best sub400g tire? Methink's not. Be discerning in your choice of posts. Don't discuss politics in passions and don't pimp yourself in any forum. Ever.

·
Glue Sniffer
553 Posts
Sabine said:
A real helpful hint for riding during menstruation is to cut the string of the tampon, that way you eliminate the chafing effect of the string
You know, strippers use the exact same technique for when they are menstruating during pole and/or lap dance night. I always thought that was very polite of them.

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
gofarther said:
Probably saves weight too...

do any of you get stomach cramps or diarhea with your periods? The worse my cramps are the worst everything else is too.
formica

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
Sabine said:
That pesky water weight gain can lead to unsighly cankle overlap on socks that go higher up the ankle.
I actually find that water retention helps reduce dehydration. It's like having a whole-body Camelback.

Kathy

·
Registered
169 Posts
I saw it coming SCHWINN 77 you should know not to post that crap in the womens lounge, you might want to pull that foot out of your mouth. By the way women after your responses now I know why it's called the Womens lounge and not the Ladies lounge. :p

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
What about bladder and yeast infections? Thank God for Cipro and Monostat, I say....

·
the bomb
531 Posts
Omg

Sabine said:
Now, as to the problem of swellling ankles, those are the days that I will choose to wear low cut socks. That pesky water weight gain can lead to unsighly cankle overlap on socks that go higher up the ankle.
Geez, warn me next time.

pfunk(wipes beverage off minitor)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts