Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic from last week's ride at Walnut Creek Park

We seem to get a little bigger every week.

·
Registered
691 Posts
CycleMainiac said:
Here's a pic from last week's ride at Walnut Creek Park

About one-third of the way from the left edge of the pic, way in the back, is a tall person in a dark blue helmet, and I am pretty sure it is Busterjohn.

He shouldn't be complaining anymore.

John W.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shannon-UT said:
Guys.. Look it up, Walnut Creek Park!

Do all those people ride on one trail at one time? Just curious.
This big group divides up into lots of smaller groups to ride. This park has about 15 miles of trail on 400 acres. It's an urban park in North Austin. On any given week night there's 60 to 100 mtb'ers here. On Monday's the girls rule. Tuesdays is SS night or Ride and Imbibe. Wednesdays is singles night. Thursday is more group rides. Friday nights are kind of quite.

·
Registered
425 Posts
CycleMainiac said:
This big group divides up into lots of smaller groups to ride. This park has about 15 miles of trail on 400 acres. It's an urban park in North Austin. On any given week night there's 60 to 100 mtb'ers here. On Monday's the girls rule. Tuesdays is SS night or Ride and Imbibe. Wednesdays is singles night. Thursday is more group rides. Friday nights are kind of quite.
That's good that they break up into smaller groups. The designated nights sound like a cool system!

Wow, I feel lucky now! We get a little bummed when we see more than 2 cars parked at a trailhead! My husband turns around and goes to another trailhead anytime there's more than 6 cars parked!

·
Registered
123 Posts
This picture inspired me to get a large women's group ride going in my city. If anyone has any ideas about how they organized similar women's rides in their area it would be appreciated. I hope to get started by just getting getting a big group together on a Sat. and see where it could go from there. Flyers, graphics, etc. would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
VT Mtbkr said:
This picture inspired me to get a large women's group ride going in my city. If anyone has any ideas about how they organized similar women's rides in their area it would be appreciated. I hope to get started by just getting getting a big group together on a Sat. and see where it could go from there. Flyers, graphics, etc. would be helpful.

Thanks
here's the link to our current flyer http://www.austinridgeriders.com/documents/04RLAG_000.pdf

I've been involved with this group ride for many years and will happily share what I know or answer questions.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm jealous. I wish there was a group for women near here (NJ/PA area) I would love to ride with other women. Once in a while another woman will show up for a small group ride, but I'm usually the only one.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jennyfresh said:
That is inspiring, we do a chick ride every Tuesday @6pm here in Fruita, it has become our biggest shop ride! Come join us!

jennyfresh
www.fruitamountainbike.com

k's ride at Walnut Creek Park

[/QUOTE]

Hey Jenny, Some of us ARE coming to Fruita soon. Planning for sometime between late September to late October. Two of the three of us for sure IN on this trip can go anytime. We are waiting for the third, Smiley, to decide when she can go to nail down dates. I am sooooo looking forward to it.

We are scheduled to ride at WC again this evening. The guys called a ride there too when they heard we were bringing a keg of beer. We have Red Hook Beer as a sponsor :D :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts