Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in 2003 - yes, 13 years ago now - I paid $1000 for a Matt Chester Mutinyman frame. What a frame it was to be...titanium, nimble, beautiful and made in Leadville. Alas, it never showed up, and still hasn't shown up. Truth is, I'd totally forgotten about it until I stumbled upon an old Dirt Rage Mag highlighting Matt Chester bikes. And then I realized, ****, I have a $1,000 down for a frame!

I want this bike! Where is it? How do I get it?

·
Administrator
10,847 Posts
Back in 2003 - yes, 13 years ago now - I paid $1000 for a Matt Chester Mutinyman frame. What a frame it was to be...titanium, nimble, beautiful and made in Leadville. Alas, it never showed up, and still hasn't shown up. Truth is, I'd totally forgotten about it until I stumbled upon an old Dirt Rage Mag highlighting Matt Chester bikes. And then I realized, ****, I have a $1,000 down for a frame!

I want this bike! Where is it? How do I get it?
Holy cow, bummer. See the other linked threads. Maybe you guys that got screwed by that ass can get a therapy group together "People screwed by Matt Chester" PSMC.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Oh thank you.....those old MC threads were pure gold. Not because of the victims that got ripped off and are pissed........the ones that got ripped off and defend him....truly astonishing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Me too; ordered in 2003, paid for in full.

Wish he'd pull his webpage down if he has no intention to deliver, then I'd try to forget, although I know never will.

·
Your Best Friend
5,370 Posts
I wish I was well enough off that I could spend $1k and then forget about it. Good luck dude!

·
Here, diagonally!
2,097 Posts
Hey looking to get Matt Chester to build me a frame. Is there a link or number where I can contact him? I know there have been a few issues, but I'll take my chances to get an honest-to-god Matt Chester frame. What some of you don't realize is that he's a builder that "gets it". I'm talking about a higher level where every angle of the geo works in synergy with you and the trail at every moment. Everything other than a Matt Chester frame is just mass-produced junk.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,720 Posts
haha.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey looking to get Matt Chester to build me a frame.
According to mattchester.com, you won't get to order one until I get mine, at least.

Matt came across as being an honest person back in the day. He had earned a reputation as a bespoke builder of dirt orientated titanium fixed/ss frames. There are few happy owners.

The work stacked up, he had some health issues, stopped building, got married, moved to Canada started the business back up again building bikes (clearing backlog first) along with a day job welding stainless steel industrial stuff.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
I think he is being featured on an upcoming episode of American Greed. The best part from the Trailer is when they show him recovering from his health issues and getting the business up and running again. The latter was really challenging for him because he had to remember how to take people's money for nothing--which ain't easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
I think he is being featured on an upcoming episode of American Greed. The best part from the Trailer is when they show him recovering from his health issues and getting the business up and running again. The latter was really challenging for him because he had to remember how to take people's money for nothing.

Yee have little faith.........when there is a will there is a way.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts