Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am relocating to Colorado. I thought Boulder would be nice, but it's impossibly expensive. Who's got the bike culture? Where should I find a place? thanks to everyone that helps me out- Tom

·
Registered
434 Posts
this is amazing

It seems like every week some one wants advice as to "where should I live?" Sure is a pretty popular place. I can see the resorts starting to get crowded in the summer around here. I'm in Boulder and love it, but some don't. There isn't the most riding around Boulder, (besides urban, and DJ)) it all is a bit of a drive... but well worth. There are some fun trails around campus in the sunny spring days :D

·
a dad
2,927 Posts
i'll keep it simple...if you are going to live in the city or near, stay west of I-25 that way you are closer to riding and the mountains...when i moved to Denver i found the only way to find a place was to be here and check out certain areas, some sounded great and i just didn't like the area...for example, lakewood has some great parts but also some really crappy parts and you just don't know til you see it....good luck

·
Registered
150 Posts
Colorado is as popular of a place to live now as it has ever been. This subject has been covered so many times lately. I personally would say that that Englewood/Littleton area is a great choice.

Good mtn biking- 15 minutes
Denver- 15 minutes (clubs, bars, and dining)
mtn resorts- 1hr 15 minutes - 2 hours
DTC (for many job openings now)- 20 minutes

It is also one of the last more affordable areas with access to all of these things. I personally live in Englewood in a bungalow style which was purchased for around $220,000. Me and my fiance go to bars and eat out downtown 2-3 times a week and to meet up with friends.

·
slow
7,747 Posts
HuckSpinn said:
I am relocating to Colorado. I thought Boulder would be nice, but it's impossibly expensive. Who's got the bike culture? Where should I find a place? thanks to everyone that helps me out- Tom
Tom,
There is a good bike culture here in Fort Collins. Decent riding from town and within driving distance. Bike friendly town, good LBSs, and reasonable cost of living. Rideable almost every day, year-round.
I also spent 7 years in Summit County (Dillon, Frisco, Breck) area. Good bike culture and fantastic (seasonal) riding, but cost may be prohibitive.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
I'd say Colorado Springs. There's plenty of public trails to be found varying from flat singletrack to awesome shuttle runs. There's constantly new areas being developed in the area as well as a lot of friendly local shops. There's atleast a dozen mtbr members from ColoSpgs I'd say. As far as housing and all that, it varies depending on what side of town and how big but I'd say that it's probably similar pricing to the Littleton area up in denver, and you could find some houses easily from 100-300+k in my area, and probably cheaper the further south you go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.