Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I've been trying to find a webpage that can hook me up with someone to travel the Carretera Austral in the Southest part of Chile in March, but I can't seem to find any. Any good webpages to find people interested in touring?
Cheers :)

Walter

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Just what kind of touring are you doing? Traditional bicycle touring? And you want someone to join you on the trip? There's no local resources, or are you looking to make this an international kind of experience? Since you're already in Chile I'm a bit confused...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bikinfoolferlife said:
Just what kind of touring are you doing? Traditional bicycle touring? And you want someone to join you on the trip? There's no local resources, or are you looking to make this an international kind of experience? Since you're already in Chile I'm a bit confused...
Well, the whole idea started with a really close friend, but this guy wont have either the time or the money to make it. For that reason, I've been looking for a couple of days trying to find any chileans that can be interested with no luck at all; they are either working or starting school (college starts on march here). Plus, it looks like people from other countries are more interested on that kind of experiences than chileans.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
So what kind of riding would one experience? What type of accommodations have you in mind each evening? Food? Cost? Have you noticed roadbikereview.com, if your trip is more road-oriented you might get some interest there, but nothing wrong with doing some posting around mtbr either, but be sure to include as much information to tempt people with as you can!

·
Registered
117 Posts
got to the commuting / touring section on RBR and also the touring / expedition section cycling plus

also try the adventure cycling forums - they have a looking for partners section

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
muchas gracias rimugu. Siempre es bueno encontrar el calor sudamericano en las respuestas en foros extranjeros :)
I've been looking in most of the web pages you guys gave me, but I haven't found a "looking for partners" forum - even in adventure cycling.
Now, about the equipment, do you recon it'll be easier to ride with pannier packs or with a small kart on the back?
Thanks to everyone, and remember, if you are interested on travelling for 10 - 15 days to the south of chile, pm me!!!

·
Long Distance MTB
284 Posts
En que se me noto?

Buscale bien adventure cycling lo tiene en la pagina principal
http://www.adventurecycling.org/mag/companions.cfm

No me acuerdo si Crazygun no tiene un sitio dedicado, pero si ya tienes un plan puedes publicarlo para que lo vean posibles interesados.

The panniers vs cart is, in my opinion, mostly a matter of personal preference. Both have pros and cons. Unless you talk about off road touring, where i think cart would take the lead.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
theres an international community

seis66 said:
Hello everyone,
I've been trying to find a webpage that can hook me up with someone to travel the Carretera Austral in the Southest part of Chile in March, but I can't seem to find any. Any good webpages to find people interested in touring?
Cheers :)

Walter
who run an org of tourers that call themselves..warm showers...yeah pretty lame name but heres their web site..

http://www.warmshowers.org/

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rimugu said:
En que se me noto?
Has visto tu firma? :D

Well, I'm going a little bit off-road; Most of the roads i'm planning to do are unpaved roads, so I think I'll go with the cart. I was going to make a two houndred miles test with a super cart a friend made a year ago. The problem is that I fell off my bike thanks to an old lady who didn't cross the street right. The result? My lung hurts when I sneeze, breath, cough, etc. I went to the doc to get some rays cause I thought I fractured a couple of ribs (yes, it hurted THAT much) but its just a little contusion. Plus, I got a beautiful summer cold... can't be more happy :madman:

and if you guys wanna check one of the places I'm going, go to images.google.com and type " villa la angostura"

thanks to everyone!

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
That area is beautiful, I would love to visit someday! What kind of singletrack might one find along the way? Too bad about your ribs, a good bruised rib can easily hurt as much as a cracked one. Hope you heal up quick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.