Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Joined
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking to buy a black, size large with a DHX-Air, where can I get a good price and what should I expect to pay? I was going to buy Pivot Firebird after riding one at I-bike but am reconsidering my decision, Delerium-T may be more what I need.
 

some know me as mongo
Joined
692 Posts
i had good luck with speedgoat when i ordered mine. the firebird i feel is going to be more of a novelty in the end and not really bring much to the table on the performance department. yeah its lighter but its not that much of and issue for the type of bike in the end. i'm very surprised on how well my DT gets around the trails that i ride seeing that they have a good amount of climbing in them.
 

Registered
Joined
6,207 Posts
Hey craigstr, Chazza (Chad / Chaybo / nwmtb / the rooster in the red barn / Ti provider to TiEndo) can deliver the Knolly goods.
Hammerschmidt friendly :)

But... check the dealers on the knolly website and give some a ring!

If you get a Delirium T too (like Dom13) I will be very insanely double jealous.

Cheers
AM
 

Registered
Joined
3,565 Posts
craigstr said:
Was looking to buy a black, size large with a DHX-Air, where can I get a good price and what should I expect to pay? I was going to buy Pivot Firebird after riding one at I-bike but am reconsidering my decision, Delerium-T may be more what I need.
Larry of Mountain High Cyclery took care of business when I picked up my Endorphin.

http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com/
 

Registered
Joined
3,300 Posts
kristian said:
Yeah, I got my DT from Larry--it was a pleasure!
Larry x 3. Even helped me get it shipped faster so I could make a planned trip.

To me the Firebird = El Guapo. Even the geometry is almost identical. If I were looking for a lighter AM bike I'd probably go for an Endo or a Mach 5.
 

Registered
Joined
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Looking for a light freeride bike

woodyak said:
Larry x 3. Even helped me get it shipped faster so I could make a planned trip.

To me the Firebird = El Guapo. Even the geometry is almost identical. If I were looking for a lighter AM bike I'd probably go for an Endo or a Mach 5.
Firebird has a slacker head angle 67.2 vs. 68 & 10 mm more rear travel and seems beefier. I rode both at I-Bike and and the FB was a much better ride for me. Wish I would have rode a Delerium, I didnt want to ride what I couldnt afford. I got rid of my Glory 0, because it was too big and heavy (47 lbs.) but I still want a bike I can jump on and ride it on stuff like this.
 

Registered
Joined
3,300 Posts
craigstr said:
Firebird has a slacker head angle 67.2 vs. 68 & 10 mm more rear travel and seems beefier. I rode both at I-Bike and and the FB was a much better ride for me. Wish I would have rode a Delerium, I didnt want to ride what I couldnt afford. I got rid of my Glory 0, because it was too big and heavy (47 lbs.) but I still want a bike I can jump on and ride it on stuff like this.
Man I wish I had trails like that locally. I have to hit the DH/FR park to get anything like that. Maybe I'll start building some of that stuff myself...

You made the right choice. The DT can handle that and then some. A 37-ish lb. freeride bike that can be easily pedaled uphill. No complaints on my end.

Now the hard part, what color?

Cheers!
 

Registered
Joined
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am fortunate...

woodyak said:
Man I wish I had trails like that locally. I have to hit the DH/FR park to get anything like that. Maybe I'll start building some of that stuff myself...

You made the right choice. The DT can handle that and then some. A 37-ish lb. freeride bike that can be easily pedaled uphill. No complaints on my end.

Now the hard part, what color?

Cheers!
I've got a ton of that stuff within 45 minutes of where I live. I hooked up with the guys that build the stuff and try to help with the maintenance and building new features. Pedalling the Glory uphill was a chore. I think I'm going with the black although the blue is enticing, I've purchased a bunch of white parts because I was going to go with a black Firebird. I'm shooting for 35 pounds.
 

Registered
Joined
1,679 Posts
Yeah!

craigstr said:
I've got a ton of that stuff within 45 minutes of where I live. I hooked up with the guys that build the stuff and try to help with the maintenance and building new features. Pedalling the Glory uphill was a chore. I think I'm going with the black although the blue is enticing, I've purchased a bunch of white parts because I was going to go with a black Firebird. I'm shooting for 35 pounds.
$$$/lbs.! He is totally fortunate! THe trails that he is speaking of are amazing. However, he can only ride them 8 months out of the year. (Jealous) :nono: Luckily, for me, he is only a few hours away! :D
 

Registered
Joined
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Then there is this...

Dominator13 said:
$$$/lbs.! He is totally fortunate! THe trails that he is speaking of are amazing. However, he can only ride them 8 months out of the year. (Jealous) :nono: Luckily, for me, he is only a few hours away! :D
http://www.vholdr.com/node/5977
Gotta love Oregon! More like 7 months! You were here mid-summer when everything was torn up, you should see them now, well now they are under feet of snow.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top