Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I like to ride my bike.
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone knows where the shrader valve is on an 05 Marzocchi AM 1. I went to a bike shop, looked at a few zokes I knew where air, but could not find the valve. PS, I weigh 100lbs, what psi should I run. Or could I run it with 0psi and just be supported by the coil in the eta/tas system?
Thanks guys.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,881 Posts
There is no schrader valve.

The fork comes with a valve adaptor, it screws on a schrader valve shock pump.

Download the service manual, but at your weight I'd say 0-5psi at the most.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Also, at your weight, you will be best off removing the main coil spring and supporting yourself on air alone on one side (the other will remain coil). You will also be better served by replacing stock oil with 5wt, that's the oil inside of the bladder, not the bath oil, so it takes a mechanic with know how or trial and error on your side.

_MK

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,881 Posts
MK_ said:
Also, at your weight, you will be best off removing the main coil spring and supporting yourself on air alone on one side (the other will remain coil). You will also be better served by replacing stock oil with 5wt, that's the oil inside of the bladder, not the bath oil, so it takes a mechanic with know how or trial and error on your side.

_MK
The AM1 only has one coil spring to begin with.

The damping-cart leg has no spring.

Best to go zero pressure in that leg, and see if that works.

A possible fix would be to find a Z150 "light" spring, that *might* work in the coil-spring leg.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Jayem said:
The damping-cart leg has no spring.

Best to go zero pressure in that leg, and see if that works.

A possible fix would be to find a Z150 "light" spring, that *might* work in the coil-spring leg.
That's right. Yeah, you would need to do something to the spring on the ETA side, as removing it would kill the ETA.

_MK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.