Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Tahoe and I'm a fire refugee, so I'm looking for someplace to ride that is not the Bay Area simply because I'm looking for something new.

Mendocino? or further north...

Santa Cruz?

SLO?

· Nurse Ben
11,634 Posts
Utah, western Colorado, northern Arizona.

Two weeks we went to Grand Junction/Moab to get out of the smoke, it was awesome. Also rode Ely which is fun.

Tahoe is a mess, we live in Carson, normally this is prime riding season, such a bummer in so many ways

where’s your house?

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Utah, western Colorado, northern Arizona.

Two weeks we went to Grand Junction/Moab to get out of the smoke, it was awesome. Also rode Ely which is fun.

Tahoe is a mess, we live in Carson, normally this is prime riding season, such a bummer in so many ways

where's your house?
I live right in S. Lake Tahoe Town, cops came to my door and everything. Can't go home, house has not burned as of yet.

· Nurse Ben
11,634 Posts
I'm in Mammoth, everything is closed, air is great (so far).
Might be heading that way this weekend .. or Utah again.

While you're down that way, check out Rock Creek trail if you haven't already, it's a fun little run, worth a lap or two.

If you haven't ridden Vegas, it's worth it if you can get on the trail before it gets too hot. We usually camp at the Cowboy Trails.

I'd suggest going over to St George, but like Vegas it's still in the 100's, hard to sleep in your truck with those temps.

· Registered
74 Posts
So sorry to hear about the Caldor fire- freaking out of control. Grateful for all of my memories on Saxon Creek/ Mr Toads... and so many good times on Armstrong Connector as well.. Glad you made it out safe.
SW Colorado is prime right now. A bit of rain this week but sunny for the next few days. GJ and Moab still too hot. Crested Butte, Telluride, Silverton all riding fine. no dust. no crowds, although CB will be busy this weekend..

· Nurse Ben
11,634 Posts
So sorry to hear about the Caldor fire- freaking out of control. Grateful for all of my memories on Saxon Creek/ Mr Toads... and so many good times on Armstrong Connector as well.. Glad you made it out safe.
SW Colorado is prime right now. A bit of rain this week but sunny for the next few days. GJ and Moab still too hot. Crested Butte, Telluride, Silverton all riding fine. no dust. no crowds, although CB will be busy this weekend..
It's not hot in GJ and Moab,. I just rode there, it was gorgeous and not crowded.

· Registered
2,336 Posts
Trails on Truckee Donner Land Trust that don’t extend into surrounding Forest.

Reactions: Schril
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.