Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MaLóŒ¢*size=
Joined
·
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent him an e-mail cause I wanted to buy some eclipse kits, but he did not answer. I suppose he is on holidays in Cancún or somewhere like that without internet. Does anyone know something?
 

·
SUBLIM8er
Joined
·
2,203 Posts
I asked the same thing in a post earlier today. I'd be suprised if he were on holiday again because he just went on holiday in Italy in like June, I think. But, I forget that Europeans actually have a realistic work ethic/standards unlike the US.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
Axis II said:
I asked the same thing in a post earlier today. I'd be suprised if he were on holiday again because he just went on holiday in Italy in like June, I think. But, I forget that Europeans actually have a realistic work ethic/standards unlike the US.:D
I recieved an auto reply email that stated he would be on holiday until the 16th of july.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
yup, gotta give the euros

Axis II said:
I asked the same thing in a post earlier today. I'd be suprised if he were on holiday again because he just went on holiday in Italy in like June, I think. But, I forget that Europeans actually have a realistic work ethic/standards unlike the US.:D
credit there, they definitely value a realistic work week not like the US!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,152 Posts
I worked with a Dutch guy for a while and thier views on work and vacation are surely interesting. After graduating school he got a job lined up and told them he'd start in six months! Then, he packed some bags, flew to Australia, bout a VW bus while he was there, and lived as a beach bum for those six months. He often mentioned that all his belongings could be packed into the trunk of a car and he could go whevever he wanted. I only got to work with him for a few months, he couldn't get a permanent work visa and had to go back...

BM
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,770 Posts
i'm back!

MaLoL said:
any news from nino?
hey, interesting to see some guys miss me...and even more interesting who started this thread;)

anyway - Malol, you've got mail !

i spent 1 week in sardinia. that's an italian island right in the middle of the mediterranian sea. no bikes, almost no internet. i had access just once and was able to read some of my forwarded mails. i'm lucky to have forwarded my mails to hotmail as my usual mail-program crashes when i try to get all my mails....i hope my friend is able to fix that.

i'm a sculptor and don't work from 8 am- 5 pm. i don't earn millions but rather enjoy my time with my wife and son. all i need are some nice bikes:thumbsup:
 

·
SUBLIM8er
Joined
·
2,203 Posts
nino said:
hey, interesting to see some guys miss me...and even more interesting who started this thread;)

anyway - Malol, you've got mail !

i spent 1 week in sardinia. that's an italian island right in the middle of the mediterranian sea. no bikes, almost no internet. i had access just once and was able to read some of my forwarded mails. i'm lucky to have forwarded my mails to hotmail as my usual mail-program crashes when i try to get all my mails....i hope my friend is able to fix that.

i'm a sculptor and don't work from 8 am- 5 pm. i don't earn millions but rather enjoy my time with my wife and son. all i need are some nice bikes:thumbsup:
Let's see some pics of your sculpturing. Seriously. What kind of sculpture do you do? BTW, welcome back.
 

·
SUBLIM8er
Joined
·
2,203 Posts
Batas said:
He has a sculpture of a woman on a famous street, right Nino? Hehe. Isn´t she naked? lol
Naked women are cool. I'd be satisfied w/that.:thumbsup:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,770 Posts
naked woman...

Batas said:
He has a sculpture of a woman on a famous street, right Nino? Hehe. Isn´t she naked? lol
correct - that was the statue on a fountain at zurich's "Bahnhofstrasse / Paradeplatz" (most famous street in switzerland where all the famous banks are etc...)

the fountain is from 1780 and the statue needed to be re-done as it was destroyed by the sour rain.
 

Attachments

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,770 Posts
scapin said:
Molto bravo Nino! :thumbsup: Cosa rappresenta? Leda con il cigno?
si chiama JUNO. e una semi-dea della mitologia greca e protegge il matrimonio. spero che l'ho traduto bene...

she is called Juno and is a half-goddess and protects the marriage. i don't know if that's the correct translation not even in english. maybe there's some people out there who know more about ancient greek mythology...

the statue was done out of a concrete square block. it took me 8 months overall. that includes also the making of the model out of loam and then the making of a negative form...then the positive again out of gypsum which acted as a model during the whole time. all the work got followed closely by people from the city of zurich who protect things of ancient history so i had to strictly make a copy of the old, original statue. she is out of a special german sandstone which contains 98% of quartz. much more than the typical swiss sandstones which was the original material but which are more prone to damage because of the sour rain (polluted air). now she should last a couple of hundred years again...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,770 Posts
scapin said:
Ah! Hera moglie di Zeus! ;)
for those who are interested have a look at my homepage:
not bike related at all!!
http://fenaroli-bildhauer.ch/

you'll find more statues and works i did for the city of zurich here:
http://www.fenaroli-bildhauer.ch/w/Renovationen.html

you'll see many thumbstones as well. that's what i do most of the time. we have quite a different approach to them and try to make a individual piece for each individual person which represents something of his life or his ideals. something personal not just a concrete block with a name on it like a XY mailbox.
 

·
ballbuster
Joined
·
12,718 Posts
Dang!

nino said:
for those who are interested have a look at my homepage:
not bike related at all!!
http://fenaroli-bildhauer.ch/

you'll find more statues and works i did for the city of zurich here:
http://www.fenaroli-bildhauer.ch/w/Renovationen.html

you'll see many thumbstones as well. that's what i do most of the time. we have quite a different approach to them and try to make a individual piece for each individual person which represents something of his life or his ideals. something personal not just a concrete block with a name on it like a XY mailbox.
You do beautiful work, Nino.
 

·
SUBLIM8er
Joined
·
2,203 Posts
Very nice, indeed! About those mailbox tombstones....can you make one for me that's actually a mailbox...or a mailbox w/a bike on top, maybe?:D Seriously though, I have a great appreciation for this kind of talent. I have a picture in my office right now that I took in Boston of a statue of a woman that was someone's tombstone. Life scale. She is absolutely angelic. Perfect, really.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top