Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so excited ordered Cannodale Habit 4 L bike online, bike suppose coming in on 08/18, i was at REI yesterday, saw there was a same bike Habit 4 on display, i was so thrilled to give a try, thought since has not sold yet, i may just buy this one and cancel online order. I am 6 ft even, a 65 years old guy, relatively good fit. Let me tell you, typically L bike does not apply Cannodale, their bike seemed 0.5 size large than traditional L size we often see, i.e. Trek. Bike technician and customer service lady at local REI store strongly opposed me to get a L size Habit 4 bike for safety reasons, i had to agree with them, when i stood up, there was not much clearance between me and the top tube. They thought MD size would better fit me. However, I spend hours look Cannodale website and their retail dealers one by one, MD size Cannodale Habit 4 is nowhere to be found. Not even in back order, anyone knows what's going on, are they redesign their production line or just simple No, period.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Due to the global supply chain issues, everything is out of stock. Frames, components, you name it. It’s simply going to take months or more to get back to normal.

As for bike fit, you might try some different bike shops to compare the fit of different models and take notes. Maybe even try finding a bike fitter and get specific ideas on what would work the best. It will be difficult with limited supply. It would be well worth it though. Good luck!

·
since 4/10/2009
37,120 Posts
clearance to the top tube is a poor way to size a bike. frame designs vary too much, and people vary too much. some ppl have long legs and will never have clearance issues. others have short legs and will have a hard time finding anything that offers clearance there. but the FIT of a bike is more dependent on your TORSO (and arm) length. Because you actually RIDE bikes, yes? how much time do you spend standing over the top tube? very little.

there are other reasons to consider top tube clearance, but using that to choose a frame size is not good practice. At 6' tall, you should be on something bigger than a medium. If the Habit doesn't give you the clearance you want, then you need to consider a different model bike that gives you that clearance. Not a different size frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.