Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ride up to ride down.
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to the Entiat again like last year. Thinking maybe Duncan Hill, Lake Creek, Klone or Garland or maybe if I can sucker someone to go with me to do Pyramid. Hoping for 3 big ones at least but probably lay in camp after the first one and recover for 2 days! Anyone going to be around?

·
Wierdo
3,166 Posts
I am not going that way sorry.

I was thinking about hitting Kachess Ridge over the 4th. Anyone been up there and know if the snow has melted off yet?

·
born again
652 Posts
Vorman said:
I'm heading to the Entiat again like last year. Thinking maybe Duncan Hill, Lake Creek, Klone or Garland or maybe if I can sucker someone to go with me to do Pyramid. Hoping for 3 big ones at least but probably lay in camp after the first one and recover for 2 days! Anyone going to be around?
Conditions are nothing like last year. There's still a lot of snow in the high country. All of those rides are still snowed in. :mad: I'd love to see you head up there and prove me wrong though! :thumbsup:

Teanaway is probably where I'll be this weekend.

·
Pulled Crank
3 Posts
Leavenworth area, anyone?

Although I'm from Milwaukee, I'll spending the week of the forth in the Lake Wenathchee / Icicle Creek area. I love hiking this area and this will be my 1st time biking the trails there. I'm planning on checking out Devil's Gulch / Mission Ridge, Mad River / Chikamin Ridge, and possibly Freund Creek. Does anybody know what the condition of these trails are at this point? Is there still some snow at higher elevations? I know it's been pretty hot & dry there, so I'm hoping the trails are in good shape ride. (Other than dusty & loose)

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Skiing Adams. I wish it wasn't so hot so the snow would stick around longer.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Right between Kettle Crest and hopefully beating Gearz to one new ride this year in the Teanaway.

Leavenworth trails are generally ok. Red Hill. red Devil, Devil's Gulch/Mission Ridge, Freund are all good to go. Icicle and Nason probably still have snow. mad River is probably snowed in too. But, we know Dirtyface Peak is a go! (Best descent in the state. Or, so I've heard...);)

·
Ride up to ride down.
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even Lake Creek?

gearz said:
Conditions are nothing like last year. There's still a lot of snow in the high country. All of those rides are still snowed in. :mad: I'd love to see you head up there and prove me wrong though! :thumbsup:

Teanaway is probably where I'll be this weekend.
I figured Pyramid and Klone may be an issue but I figured Lake Creek, Middle Ridge, and possibly 4th Divide and Duncan Hill would be good to go. I guess I will post pics next week of me riding or me snowshoeing!

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Dave_schuldt said:
Skiing Adams. I wish it wasn't so hot so the snow would stick around longer.
Aha you winter guys have had your fun. Melt snow melt!!!!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Zdfg-Hope things are safe for you over in Kabul. I forgot to ask when you would be back. I am going to keep riding until the trails get covered with snow and hopefully thats not until late November. Definitely have a safe mission and if you find a computer with internet I am sure we will all be hanging out.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Skookum said:
Aha you winter guys have had your fun. Melt snow melt!!!!
Summer skiing rules! Get some skis and check it out.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Dave_schuldt said:
Summer skiing rules! Get some skis and check it out.
Nah i don't have enough time for biking let alone get into another recreation especially in the summer. i have considered snowshoeing and kayaking.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
knobularlife said:
Just don't call me Francis:madmax:
No sir you're old skewl, you deserve respect. Except for when you get around lizards. Then you get all wierd...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts