Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
207 Posts
I can't resist. This is too funny. How did you miss all of the how to get theres/ is the road open posts? Not to mention the it's right next to/I rode up from (to) posts. Ever hear of Google/Yahoo/Search Engine of Choice? A search at any one of those will quickly get you the answer. Now if it had been a trail name, I'd have more sympathy, or something more obscure, but Demo is just too much for me. Kinda like asking where Lake Tahoe is. ;)

· Mtbr Founder
35,658 Posts
Bernhardt said:
I can't resist. This is too funny. How did you miss all of the how to get theres/ is the road open posts? Not to mention the it's right next to/I rode up from (to) posts. Ever hear of Google/Yahoo/Search Engine of Choice? A search at any one of those will quickly get you the answer. Now if it had been a trail name, I'd have more sympathy, or something more obscure, but Demo is just too much for me. Kinda like asking where Lake Tahoe is. ;)
I did a google search on 'demo' and 'demo trail' and I'm all set now.

NOT!

francois

· Registered
321 Posts
getting to the trailhead off of highland is no problem, but you may need more clearance to make it past the bridge and into the back parking lot...dont leave a visible BACKPACK or anything when parked on highland or the smash and grabbers could get you...

· Tree Hugger
2,938 Posts
Boggs Mountain Demonstration State Forest is located in Cobb, CA.

Directions:
From Napa North on Hwy 29 to Middletown. Left on Hwy 175 (first stop lite). 7mi. Thru Cobb. Right on Forestry road (Forest fire station sign) 1/3 mile to helipad/parking.
;)

· just another bleepin SSer
1,446 Posts
Along with State parks and such, California has a couple of demonstration forests which have the objective of showing that forests can be maintained sustainably. 2 of them are Boggs Mountain State Demonstration Forest and Soquel Demonstration Forest. Both are excellent places to ride.

The former, which Sasquatch describes the directions to, I think is generally known as "Boggs" by MTBers. "The Demo" is the name that most MTBers use for Soquel.

I wrote up a description of the Demo (directions, trails, map, etc.) on the Passion Trail Bikes web site at http://passiontrailbikes.com/pages/SDF

· Registered
661 Posts
Cadillac said:
My question is can a '91 Firebird navigate Highland road?

I:D
Easily.

Also, they patched up the dirt road after the bridge so getting to the upper lot is now easier. I have always gone up it in my Mustang no problem, just had to pick a clean line!

· EEP-OPP-ORK-AH-AH
519 Posts
All is Demo - Demo is All

natebyrom said:
I Am Pissed. I Never Known Where This Is And Everyone Talks About It.
Demo is a frame of mind, a level of consciousness that is at once everywhere and also nowhere ...

seek the demo and you will find the demo has been with you the entire time!

(also - u could take the 'Summit Road' exit on 17 and continue east, east, east)

· EEP-OPP-ORK-AH-AH
519 Posts
Sasquatch said:
Boggs Mountain Demonstration State Forest is located in Cobb, CA.

Directions:
From Napa North on Hwy 29 to Middletown. Left on Hwy 175 (first stop lite). 7mi. Thru Cobb. Right on Forestry road (Forest fire station sign) 1/3 mile to helipad/parking.
;)
hey - you sound like a BMSDF enthusiast ... I've been thinking about making the drive up to Boggs. how are trail conditions there in winter? do you know a good loop out there?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.