Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
except change 29er's
88 Posts
The wait is over showed up today!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just about to to cancel my order when I walked in and they said happy valentines day..... I also found out that jagwire is making a flow yellow or should I say bright green cables... For those who where looking.... I cant wait to ride and let know if its worth the wait.....

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Yxan, nice looking bike... But whats up with the weight? I figured that build would come up short of 23. I did notice you're running XTR, and some heavy grips with bar ends, but other than that it looks like a light build.

I was hoping to get down to the 22 mark with my XL. I'll be running a 1x10 which will save weight, but I'll have X0 brakes, and probably Airotors, so I'm not as light on the brake set up as your's.

I still have not seen my bike, and it's been in for three weeks. I'm waiting on my Sram build, so it won't be long. I going all in on the Yellow and Red build. Went with a red E13 chainring up front, probably go with the 3T stem and bar with red accents, and something red on the seat. Oh, and my XO's are red. It's either going to be awesome or horribly awesome. Either way, it's going to ride like a dream.

G

·
Registered
396 Posts
g-wiz said:
Yxan, nice looking bike... But whats up with the weight? I figured that build would come up short of 23. I did notice you're running XTR, and some heavy grips with bar ends, but other than that it looks like a light build.

I was hoping to get down to the 22 mark with my XL. I'll be running a 1x10 which will save weight, but I'll have X0 brakes, and probably Airotors, so I'm not as light on the brake set up as your's.

I still have not seen my bike, and it's been in for three weeks. I'm waiting on my Sram build, so it won't be long. I going all in on the Yellow and Red build. Went with a red E13 chainring up front, probably go with the 3T stem and bar with red accents, and something red on the seat. Oh, and my XO's are red. It's either going to be awesome or horribly awesome. Either way, it's going to ride like a dream.

G
G-wiz,
Here is my build so far. (not quite done yet) I was assuming I was going to end up in the 23 range initially. I have to say that building light is expensive, not sure my wallet can take a lot more than mid to high 22 :) if at all.

after adding Ti bolts for front calipers the weight dropped down to 23.42 :)

S-works 30.9 seat post (stock)
S-works 75 mm stem
S-works enduro riser bar
Ergon gx2 carbon
XTR shifters, cassette, chain, front and rear der
Formula R1 (will add carbon level blades)
Scrub rotots with ti bolts
S-works cranks
XTR pedals (last gen)
Specialized Romin Ti seat 130mm
Specialized Renegade control rear tire
Racing Ralph 2.4 front tire

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
It's going to be close Yxan... Going all XX saves me weight, and crankbro's, along with Ritchey WCS foam grips. You've got me on the brakes and rotors though, not sure by how much.

I guess time will tell. Truth be told, if I can get it right at 23, I'll be happy. 22 would be even better, but whats a pound? Running the 1x10 should also save me some weight. Mainly from not having a shifter, cables, or extra ring. The chainguide will probably be equal to the weight of a fd.

Let me know how you like those Renegade's... A few guys love them around here, but it's going to take a hell of a tire to get me off my RR's.

No more ww talk for me...

G

·
Registered
396 Posts
g-wiz said:
It's going to be close Yxan... Going all XX saves me weight, and crankbro's, along with Ritchey WCS foam grips. You've got me on the brakes and rotors though, not sure by how much.

I guess time will tell. Truth be told, if I can get it right at 23, I'll be happy. 22 would be even better, but whats a pound? Running the 1x10 should also save me some weight. Mainly from not having a shifter, cables, or extra ring. The chainguide will probably be equal to the weight of a fd.

Let me know how you like those Renegade's... A few guys love them around here, but it's going to take a hell of a tire to get me off my RR's.

No more ww talk for me...

G
my brake set up is a marginal weight saving. so you should be able to get it down pretty light.

latest update in the old ww madness im down to 23.38 lol

·
Registered
396 Posts
erichwic said:
Anyone had luck finding the Avid 140mm to 160mm brake adapters?
I have not as you can see by my pics (conical washers for the win) but a trip to a hobby store for some aluminium tubing to create those adapters is what might happen soon :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
erichwic said:
erichwic,
Here's a pict off a 2011 evo 29'er. The rear spacer is 12mm+2mm(14mm post to caliper) for the conical washer. The front spacer is 18mm+2mm for conical washer. I didn't measure the bolts. Probably 40mm and 45mm.

I'm checking if I can get some adapters from Specialized or sram. I'll let you know what I find out. I have a feeling I'll end up turning my own out of delrin.

·
except change 29er's
88 Posts
erichwic said:
I just picked my bike up today and the shop put on 140mm until the adaptor come's in. The rep told them in a couple month's.:eekster:
It doesn't have all the light part's on yet like pedals, stem, and rear rotor 24.32 med it should weigh around 23lbs when done. I'm loven it!:cool:

·
except change 29er's
88 Posts
I ragged when my frame wasn't coming in. So now I must give the positive this bike rocks. I have it dialed and have over 200mile of east coast rocks and this bike is more than I expeceted. It ways 24lbs. with bottle cage tube hanging and heavy pedals. The brain was meant for the big wheels....

81 - 100 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.