Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Chump
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorta related to the other thread about trail access....

I decided to ride Skeggs on the holiday morning yesterday and passed by a ranger on his way to the bottom of the park to give out speeding tickets to unsuspecting bicyclists. It's a usual routine on MROSD land, right?

And so I got to thinking, where else do they do this nonsense about pointing radar guns at mountain bikers and handing out tickets for speeding? Does it happen anywhere else, or is the bay area unique in its criminalization of recreation?

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,813 Posts
It all makes sense once you realize bikes are twice as dangerous as forest fires!

View attachment 1262863
It's obvious mtn bikers are treated differently under the law. And why is the "Fire Prohibited" fine only $102 when it's clear to me that a fire could cost in the millions of dollars in damages and resources.

·
F*** it
1,277 Posts
We hiked (they say there will be some mountain biking in the "future") the new Bear Creek Redwoods park yesterday. It was pretty, but it's almost all fireroads, with several miles of those being Midpen-signature gravel-topped roads. They even suck the enjoyment out of hiking!

·
Wēk Sôs
3,210 Posts
It might be good, though probably might not be useful with the lack of cell signal in most places, to have a per park, park ranger sighting thread with location in park.

I wish we can tag them, like mountain lions.

We hiked (they say there will be some mountain biking in the "future") the new Bear Creek Redwoods park yesterday. It was pretty, but it's almost all fireroads, with several miles of those being Midpen signature gravel-topped roads. They even suck the enjoyment out of hiking!
:( I hate those.

·
Registered
136 Posts
An app, like Waze for MTB?

Things to flag: rangers, methed out junkies, downed trees, shitty music from handlebar speakers, oversized bro pack, etc.

It might be good, though probably might not be useful with the lack of cell signal in most places, to have a per park, park ranger sighting thread with location in park.

I wish we can tag them, like mountain lions.

:( I hate those.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.