Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And what exactly is a "flow short"?

Been to Rage, Haus, Landis, Javelina, Global and bikemasters. Almost all have a desultory one or two small rack setup with limited clothing. About all I have is a bunch of team kit from a group I don't ride with any more, so was looking for new garb.

Any recommendations?

John

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Shirts ----I get from Target. Their C9 line of quick-dry stuff is cheap.
Bibs-------I get from chainlove.
Baggies---I get board shorts that I like and cut out the inner liner
Socks-----I get from Walmart. They carry some made by Starter that are quick-dry

I'm cheap as hell though and when I find something I like, I buy in bulk and stick to it.

·
Titanium Junkie
Why Cycles S7
1,678 Posts
That's normally my avenue as well, but I wouldn't mind trying some stuff on so I know how it fits/feels. I also have no aversion to supporting local.

John
The problem with that is "local" has an aversion to keeping stock on hand of multiple sizes & colors. And it's not just limited to clothing. I am like you, I like to know how things fit & feel and make sure I get the right size. Unfortunately it's a crap shoot most times and ordering online and figuring out it doesn't fit takes just as much or less time than the shop doing it for you and then being stuck with something you don't like or didn't fit, returning it and ordering a different size. Oh my what to do, what to do.

I say order it online.

·
Let'er Buck
239 Posts
Over the edge in Sedona seems to have a better selection of all-mountain type clothing than most

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
And what exactly is a "flow short"?

Been to Rage, Haus, Landis, Javelina, Global and bikemasters. Almost all have a desultory one or two small rack setup with limited clothing. About all I have is a bunch of team kit from a group I don't ride with any more, so was looking for new garb.

Any recommendations?

John
Euduro--Hot Topics
XC--REI
FatBike--any local brewery tshirt will do
Fixie--Buffalo Exchange
DH--Walmart

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
wow, a variety of places. Who I choose is based on price and selection. Believe it or not Bike Nashbar seems to have a lot of good clothing deals.

Other areas I have hit are Ebay, Amazon, and other various online bike shops.

If I have to have something today, I'll go to REI. LBS never have any good selection. And if they do the price is ridiculous.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I shop performance bike for most of my clothes. I tend to love on line shopping for gear due to price and selection, but for clothes I like to touch and feel. Jersey's are not a big deal to me, but I have come to appreciate the 3 pocket style since I can put a food bar in them and reach it quickly not having dig into the camelbak.

For shorts the chamois and material are critical. I wear lycra exclusively as for me it just works better. Anyway for stuff like this I like to feel it first. Pictures leave me lacking. So performance has enough stuff on hand to have choices and REI has some good stuff too. In fact you probably can find stuff a Sport Chalet too. I have been in there and scanned through the clothes and they are not bad at all.

Pearl Izumi outlet in Anthem has lots of selection, but prices are still high.

·
DFMBA.org
1,874 Posts
So no one is sportin' Kitsbow? How lame.

Edit: I get my shirts/jerseys from either eBay (used) or the $7 Walmart ones.
Sent from my mountain bike while crashing

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Look at what the people with roof racks are wearing, then don't ask them where to get.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Chainlove, Steep and Cheap, Amazon, and direct from Jett MTB and Zoic when I have a coupon. Chain Reaction Cycles when I want something US retailers don't sell.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I will try on a brand/model at my LBS, and if it is not the color I like will have them order it based on the brand/model that fit me. For bibs, its tough because what feels awesome standing in front of a mirror may not work on the bike. I have bought and borrowed used shorts in the past and then buy new ones that I like when I find them.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts