Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
(slight return)
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last couple years I've posted up similar threads and found that saying where I want to ride at the beginning of the year is just the added motivation I need to get out for a road trip to some place new. I did pretty good this year, squeaking out #4 out of 5 last weekend.

I've picked all the low hanging fruit in the bay area and I know I'm going to have less time this year, so I'm keeping this year's list simple.

1) Sonoma riding with Trailseeker and Norton55 (carry over from last year, HAVE to do it this year!)
2) Finish the TRT #1 : Section near Stanford Rock
3) Finish the TRT #2: Section south of Big Meadow
4) Stretch goal: get it together and ride MOAB first week of March

Need some inspiration? Check out threads from years past:

Happy New Year's In Advance!
-slide

[Edit: wrong link for 2009]

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Knocked off Whistler, Bend, and Ashland from bucket list. And locally Oat Hill.

What is left is to experience:

Australia, Colorado and some time in Sonoma with ya'll

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I really want to do some epic back country riding somewhere. Maybe Colorado mountains, Crested Butte area? I actually don't know if it's the Crested Butte area....I just want to go do a couple all day rides somewhere that looks like the pictures I see in the Colorado forum. Man, that stuff looks unreal.

More realistically I'd like to do way more riding in Tahoe. Oh, I also want to take a crack at $2 hill in JMP. Maybe in the next few weeks on that one.

·
(slight return)
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mttamrnr said:
I also want to take a crack at $2 hill in JMP. Maybe in the next few weeks on that one.
Hey, I was there once in 2007 I think and failed miserably. Wouldn't mind another crack at that one myself, and I've got a brand new nevegal on the back. If you want company shoot me a PM.

-slide

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
These trails I rode for the first time this year:
Hole in The Ground at Donner Pass.
Rockville
Domino Pond, Spike Jones, Timm, Vasquez (never again), Rock House Ridge and more trails in Henry Coe.
Some new trails around San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay.

For next year:
Finally do some portions of the Tahoe Rim Trail and others in that area.
Ventana wilderness
Mountain bike in Oregon.
Dutch's trail in Henry Coe.
Repack/Mt Tam.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I'd really rather repeat the places I rode in 2008 and 2009

Oakridge
Moab
Fruita
Goosebery
Whistler
Bend
etc...

I guess I'll add the North Shore and various parts of the Pacific NW for this year.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hopefully this year I'll finally get to the Tahoe Rim trail.

Anything more distant will have to be intertwined with a family vacation with little kids.
Any good riding place that works for both?

·
(slight return)
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GuruAtma said:
Anything more distant will have to be intertwined with a family vacation with little kids.
Any good riding place that works for both?
Tahoe is perfect for that. I've ridden on family trips to Downieville and Santa Cruz that both worked out pretty well. South Yuba/Nevada City seems like a good family trip with ride potential too.

-slide

·
Registered
883 Posts
I feel fortunate to be able to participate in a nice little race in Canberra, Australia next October which should be a good experience.....but most importantly....I just want to finally make it up the rock scramble section of Mossy Rock in Auburn for the first time :D

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
With a second child arriving by stork in February, It's silly to think I'll be hitting new trails outside my 4-four travel bubble. However, one place on my list that I can't believe I haven't done yet: Boggs.

Also, if my goal to stay in good cycling shape through the winter goes as planned, I'd like to put the Mt. Rose to Mr. Toad's ride on my hitlist. My knees ached just typing that.

Oh, and I'll join the Trailseeker Sonoma Trail Tours fanclub. I want in on that, too. ;)

·
(slight return)
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
K-max said:
With a second child arriving by stork in February, It's silly to think I'll be hitting new trails outside my 4-four travel bubble.
Sounds like you need to rush in a trip to Moab too ;)

-slide

·
My spoon is too big!
881 Posts
2009 new rides-
Demo
Skeggs
Rockville
Returned to Coe for the first time in 15 years

2010 rides I want to do-
Hole in the Ground, or Mr Toad's Wild Ride
Donner Lake Rim Trail
Oat Hill Mine Rd.
Return to Annadel and Boggs
edit: almost forgot Tamarancho

Less realistic dream rides-
Utah
New Mexico
Whistler
Colonnade

·
Kiss my Grits!
115 Posts
2010 trails

I knocked out quite a few trails for the first time in '09:

Gooseberry Mesa, Little Creek, JEM, Barrel roll, Poppy Ridge, and one other in the area.

Locally: Boggs mtn (great), Toads, HITG.

2010 list: (never before ridden)

Mammoth (planned for August)
Oat Hill Mine
Ashland/MacKenzie River/Umpqua
Tamarancho

Maybe knock off a few off Skyline; haven't ridden there (Woodside/Portola) since the early '90's.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts