Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking at other states sites and noticed someone else has had asked to post pictures of where they have ridden in 05. That made me come up with "Where do you want to ride in 2006 that you have never been before?" It can be here in california, or some other place but has to be someplace logical to do this year. It would be neat to see what others have been dying to do but haven't yet.

So for me, I would have to say somewhere up in tahoe. I go to the tahoe area quite a few times a year, but have never taken my bike for a ride up there yet. Perhaps the Flume trail, TRT. I'm sure to do those this year. Have fun guys and gals. :)

·
bike dork extraordinaire
628 Posts
rockcrawler53 said:
So I was looking at other states sites and noticed someone else has had asked to post pictures of where they have ridden in 05. That made me come up with "Where do you want to ride in 2006 that you have never been before?" It can be here in california, or some other place but has to be someplace logical to do this year. It would be neat to see what others have been dying to do but haven't yet.

So for me, I would have to say somewhere up in tahoe. I go to the tahoe area quite a few times a year, but have never taken my bike for a ride up there yet. Perhaps the Flume trail, TRT. I'm sure to do those this year. Have fun guys and gals. :)
One word: Moab

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,145 Posts
so many places, so little time

Every time I watch Pete's vid's from Colorado and the seemingly endless singletrack, I immediately start to look at my calendar for possibilities.

After watching the Copper Canyon Video, that definately grabbed my attention as well.

It makes it easy to dream of riding warm climates such as Arizona and Bootleg Canyon when I have to endure this just to get a cup of coffee in Capitola

Attachments

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
McKenzie River Trail

rockcrawler53 said:

I gotta figure out how to get up to Oregon for a few days and shuttle that thing.

I gotta to TRT again. I did an all too short section of that trail, but I wanna do more.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Mexico

MTBBill's video and report of his Copper Canyon trip did the trick for me. I'll be riding there next month with
Western Spirit . As of last week only 3 people had signed up. Anyone else interested? (especially if you are old, slow, don't snore, and know how to fix my bike when it breaks).

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,164 Posts
Bingo!
The McKenzie River Trail's the first thing that popped into my mind.
Others:
Sad but I've never ridden Downieville.
A Utah trip also be nice. Never been out there either.

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
I want to complete last year's epic.

I need to finish what was interupted, a trip across the states. I'm going to finish Porcupine this time and then continue East. I guess I could dedicate it to my daughter, but it would be mostly for myself.

Fiona

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
McKenzie river trail is sweet. A group of us are going to attend the Mtn Bike Oregon festival next August and will ride the MRT either before or after. You should think about it. WG seems to be interested too. Back on topic. I would like to ride Fruita this spring. Probably sometime around the Fat Tire festival.

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Any trail, road or sidewalk

I got a bit cocky and rode three times last week for a total of about 80 miles. First and last time since my last surgeries that I'll try that. The knees are really inflamed. Had emergency cortisone shots today. I'll settle for any trail, road or sidewalk. But those of you who haven't done it should try the Cannell Trail/Plunge.

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
1) Annadel, it's so close, hopefully I'll get there this month.

2) I've got 30-40days of skiing in a year in at Tahoe (1/2 backcountry) for the last 8 years but never ridden a bike there. I have to do at least the Hole in the Wall and maybe the Flume trail.

3) The stretch - If I fall in with a bunch of motivated planner types who take all the responsibility for organizing an overnighter on the White Rim trail I'm there.

But if I only ride China Camp and Tamarancho I'll still be psyched. There's something to be said for getting up early and getting a good ride in close enough to home that I can be back by the time most people are wrapping up breakfast and spend the day with the tot.

-slide

·
iheartMTNs
139 Posts
wow, its surprising how many people said utah and downieville

a trip to southern utah would be my first choice but there are a number of trails right here in california i've yet to ride. downieville is at the top of my list.
e

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.