Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious im trying to think of ideas as to where i can put my bike when im not using it. I dont have a garage (its more like a cubby), im not going to leave my $1200 bike out side in the snow rain etc, and my wife is starting to freak out cause when i put it in the laundry room she cant get into the pantry when its in the living room/ dinning room she cant manuver around the table very well. So im just curious if any one has some nifty ideas that they did to keep there bike inside and out of the way?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
My bikes stay in the spare bedroom if they're not going to be used that week. The mountain bike gets used year round, and often stays near the kitchen over the tile. Since bikes don't come housebroken, when I ride in the snow my wife isn't always happy with me when I come home.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Go up

I don't know how high your ceilings are, but go up man, go up. Hooks near the ceiling in the laundry room to get it above your wifes labor. Outside is not an option even with a waterproof tarp.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MiniTrail said:
if you're not riding it maybe take it apart and keep it under the bed, behind the soffa, in a closet or all three
Thats maddness!!! Some times when im feeling frisky i like to sit on it and turn the fan on makes me feel like im going super fast!! i ride it to much to take it apart no matter how easy it is to do so.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
emtnate said:
So why not ride during the winter? Bundling up sure beats sitting in front of a fan.
I do all the time just Oklahoma can make up it mind when it come to snow or rain so we get both and out of respect i stay off the trails (cause i work on them to) so i wont ruin them.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
clutch_08 said:
whats winter there no winter here in socal
I to am from SoCal for 18 years so i didnt know what winter was. But the military likes to play a sick joke on people from california and send us to places like Grand Forks ND where its negative degrees January and Feb and winter lasts nine months out of the year. Here in Oklahoma (my next base) Winter is weird it will be in the 60's then go to low twenty's to mid teens with ice and some snow so in the winter time its hard to find times to ride where its not to muddy

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The constant freeze / thaw cycles do make it hard to ride the trails without tearing them up. Even when ours our mud, I still get out on the road so the bike never gets put up.

I'd just try my best to tuck it away inside somewhere. If you take the wheels off, and maybe the pedals and handlebar, you could stick the bike in a closet or under a bed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.