Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Keene NH and am shopping for a cylclocross bike for around a grand - there are only a couple shops around here, though, and only one that carries any.
So where do you shop for complete bikes and what was your experience?

·
Registered
538 Posts
five hills/bike 29.....he carries redline cross bikes. They have a sweet ride for around $1,000. He is in Watbury VT, but might be able to ship to you. Or you could come up and ride the trails then drop in and get a bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Outspoken Bicycle & Sport
4 Route 103 A
Newbury
NH 03255
tel 1 603 763 9500

They used to have a website, not sure what happened to it. If you happen to talk to Corey tell him Iain sent you. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
S&W in Concord great place and everybody really nice i have always gotten good service there

·
Registered
678 Posts
Bought one from Cyclemania in Portland, bought another in Portsmouth at Bicycle Bobs, and bought my latest one from the Busted Spoke classifieds.

·
Not pretty, not lazy.
19 Posts
I live in Greenville, NH about an hour from Keene. I use Souhegan Cycles in Milford, Gamaches in Fitchburg, MA. I have bought parts from both but not bikes (I build my bikes these days). I haven't been to Gamaches for awhile but went with someone to buy a bike at Souhegan last month and the deal was fair. The only shop I will not use in my area is Gear Works in Leominster, MA. They look at me and see an old fat guy and treat me like a bicycle moron. I went in there 2 months ago to get some XT shifters to do a quick repair for a buddy they told me " for the type of bike you ride you don't need XT" and showed me a cheap non Shimano shifter that I had never heard of before.

·
smell my finger
154 Posts
bike shop

I second Bikeman in Woolwich Maine, 1-800-bikeman. or www.bikeman.com. Give Tabor, Zach or Alan a call and they'll hook you up. They have a huge amount of hands on experience and have bikes, frames and parts readily available. Just tell them what you want to do and how much you want to spend and they'll hook you up with the best they can do. It's worth a try, they'll build it and ship it out if that's what you prefer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.