Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
May The Force Be With You
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What makes a beginner / sport / expert / pro? Is it skill level? How fast you are? What? Please fill me in. When I race, I always put down beginner and usually place in the top 4. When I’m at the mountains I have no problem going down crazy, technical, double diamond trails and I haul ass doing it. I think it’s in part that I’m about 125lbs and glide over what ever it is on the trail instead of bouncing all over the place and I don’t think about what I’m doing I just role with it. Although I am kind a slow when it comes to switch backs and sprinting I can usually keep up with who ever it is that I’m riding with.
Where would I fall?

·
Registered
306 Posts
shwinn8 said:
What makes a beginner / sport / expert / pro? Is it skill level? How fast you are? What? Please fill me in. When I race, I always put down beginner and usually place in the top 4. When I'm at the mountains I have no problem going down crazy, technical, double diamond trails and I haul ass doing it. I think it's in part that I'm about 125lbs and glide over what ever it is on the trail instead of bouncing all over the place and I don't think about what I'm doing I just role with it. Although I am kind a slow when it comes to switch backs and sprinting I can usually keep up with who ever it is that I'm riding with.
Where would I fall?
Most of the time, the class determiner time is speed, because on most courses, all classes race the same course. I would say try going up to sport and see how you do. If you continually place faster than 5th or 6th in a class you should probably move up.

-Nate

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'd say try and find out what the race is like before you decide what class. If the course meets what your good at (technical rocky stuff) than try sport. If the course has a lot of turns and switchbacks, try beginner and find out how slow you really are at switchbacks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts