Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
ROBOTIC RESERVE
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Where do Homer's get the cash to ride and who is really paying for your habit?

I will start...

I Work for adidas Global as a Product Launch Analyst for TMaG. :ihih:

www.tmag.com

·
Flyin Canine
2,274 Posts
Work in IT doing network and systems administration for a solar startup in silicon valley. I have not been able to afford to buy a house around here for years even though the salaries are huge so the money went to bikes instead. If I had bought a house I would ride a huffy I'm sure of it. This year I am finally buying a house since the market is wayyy down so there will probably not be a new turner for me in 09, but since I bought a new one in 08, 07, 06, and a used on in 04, I think I can make it till 2010 or maybe even 2011 if I have to. ;) ;)

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
FM said:
I sell candy out of my van :ihih:
Wow, where was that picture taken? I wonder if I saw it while riding this past August up in Crested Butte, CO? Looks familiar anyway.............Hmmmmmm

·
melon farmer
567 Posts
apologies for the slight threadjack, but I have been looking at a new 09 DW Spot and was doing the calculations on how long it would take someone to buy an 09 here in Australia versus you lot in the US.

Based on average earnings data from the Bureau of Labour Stats (US) and the Australian Bureau of Stats, and a purchase price of $2500 (US) and $4100 (Aus), it takes about 14 working days for the "average" US worker to buy, and nearly 16 days for the Australian worker.

Oh, and I work as an analyst in health and medical research for a govt funding agency and make more than the average wage, but still can't afford the 09 Spot.. :madmax:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
FM said:
That was actually packer saddle in downieville
I haven't had the pleasure of riding crested butte.... maybe someday
WoW!! Cool, I rode Downieville!! Awesome trails up there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I develop office chairs like the one below. I'm Technical Project Manager in R&D for a Scandinavian office chair manufacturer.

Attachments

·
Build More = Ride More
1,442 Posts
Video Game Designer for Midway Games making PS3 and 360 titles.
Currently working on a game that is a 3D virtual Las Vegas.

It's a teenager's dream job (or adult who never grows up = me). All I do is play games, drink beer at work (they supply it every week), be creative with new ideas, and post useless crap on MTBR. My office is on the Seattle waterfront with a view of Puget Sound, Mt. Rainier, the Olympic Mountains, and even Green Mountain (I can see if it's snowed in from my desk :) )

Might not pay the most, but is one of the hardest jobs in the world to get and is considered one of the most rewarding. There's maybe only a hundred other people in the world with my same job and production level.

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
YoPawn said:
Video Game Designer for Midway Games making PS3 and 360 titles.
Currently working on a game that is a 3D virtual Las Vegas.

It's a teenager's dream job (or adult who never grows up = me). All I do is play games, drink beer at work (they supply it every week), be creative with new ideas, and post useless crap on MTBR. My office is on the Seattle waterfront with a view of Puget Sound, Mt. Rainier, the Olympic Mountains, and even Green Mountain (I can see if it's snowed in from my desk :) )

Might not pay the most, but is one of the hardest jobs in the world to get and is considered one of the most rewarding. There's maybe only a hundred other people in the world with my same job and production level.
Wait, now this is the coolest job in the world. Sorry Gmats, you had your moment in the sun (literally):D

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
I manage a fleet of Hos and import certain products from Afghanistan for resale. On the side, I oversee the all you can breakfast bar at Home Town Buffet.

·
~~~~~~~~
5,923 Posts
I'm a health sciences tech for the local college, best job I've ever had, busy as hell but I work with great people.

gmats, are you under RCUH also?

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
cutthroat said:
I manage a fleet of Hos and import certain products from Afghanistan for resale. On the side, I oversee the all you can breakfast bar at Home Town Buffet.
Excellent. If I take a couple of Hos and 3 grams, will you throw in a bacon sandwich?

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts
Nothing exciting here, I'm a lawyer.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts