Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a new product - not the company's primary product - they make bikes(?)
It was an online page that I bookmarked (and it's gone now)
It was a stainless steel cylinder that fits into a regular bike bottle cage, but not the ones with the black plastic tops

Part of me thinks it was all stainless and it was from an independent shop

Can anyone find the link to locate this coffee mug / coffee flask?

Thanks a million!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Rex_Skidmore said:
It was a new product - not the company's primary product - they make bikes(?)
It was an online page that I bookmarked (and it's gone now)
It was a stainless steel cylinder that fits into a regular bike bottle cage, but not the ones with the black plastic tops

Part of me thinks it was all stainless and it was from an independent shop

Can anyone find the link to locate this coffee mug / coffee flask?

Thanks a million!!
That souds like the original ibis "hot unit". ...which, like everything else ibis made, was awesome, and now worth a considerable amount of money.

QBP (the main distributor for nearly every shop in north america) was rumored to be looking into getting more of these produced, since ibis as we knew it is now a thing of the past.

I'd bet one of the many retailers on here can confirm from their current catalogue.

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sigg's a great alternative, but not the item I saw. Thanks, so far...

This is killing me. I just saw it within the last week. And, I bookmarked it when I didn't have time to read and order at that moment. Should've done a screen capture, too.

There's a bike shop with these aluminum or stainless, silver-metal-colored, bullet-shaped(?) canisters. It's a new item, maybe not yet released, yet I seem to recall a price on the page. It may have been a bike show...

I'm still searching, too.

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Getting closer.
Definitely wasn't the SOMA with the black plastic lid. I have about five of those in the kitchen from another manufacturer. This other one was pretty slick. You just about want to buy it the moment you see it.

After looking at nearly every coffee/bike website available, my gut says it won't be found using Google and those terms. It's something different, for sure. I'm still searching...

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CALL OFF THE SEARCH
I guess I built it up in my mind more than it was:
It's the Trek Soho Coffe Mug for about $15.
Thanks, everyone, for helping out. We can delete this thread now. I'm no shill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.