Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Giant does offer a frameset only. That is how I built my VT- ordered a frameset and built it up as I wanted. The framesets do not have any numbers after the VT, come only in blue and they also have brakes studs on the rear triangle for V-brakes.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VT no 1 2 or 3 said:
Giant does offer a frameset only. That is how I built my VT- ordered a frameset and built it up as I wanted. The framesets do not have any numbers after the VT, come only in blue and they also have brakes studs on the rear triangle for V-brakes.
Where do you order one?? What's the price ballpark?? Is it worth??

Many thanx!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I ordered it through my local Giant dealer. I bought while it was "in season" about $900. A friend liked it so much that he bought one "out of season" at the end of the model year and got it for $500 (ouch!). The frameset also comes with the headset, seatpost shim, shock pump and clips to mount brake lines to the frame.

It was worth it for me- previous hardtail frame was creaking from the top tube and getting ready to break in a big way. Since I already had all the components needed it was cheaper to build from the frameset than to get a new bike.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,264 Posts
I have an 03' VT-1 frame for $500, shipped...

parted out a "demo". brand new, full warranty, comes with shim, pump, headset. Silver, with the (IMO) superior 4 way. PM me if interested.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all....

For your replies.

I live in Mexico and will try to get a complete VT3 by the end of the year or so. If price seems like out of whack to me, I'll ask a friend of mine to order me a VT frame and a fork and get them sent to Mexico and start building from there.

Here I can get a full deore set for around 350 bucks, plus a Zoke MX Comp ETA and the VT frame and disc brakes I could be building a complete bike for around 1200 buck which will not be bad. It'll be sweet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts