Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in town from DC and my rear hub stopped working out on south mountain today and I am hoping I can get it serviced or replaced quickly so I can get back on on the trails.

I am staying in Laveen but Im willing to drive a bit if I can get a quick turnaround.

thanks!

·
Too many Sedonuts...
1,512 Posts
JrockFeltaz said:
Dreamy Draw parking lot. Be sure to park you car backwards:thumbsup:
Damn! Beat me to it.

Oh well, low hanging fruit anyway. :thumbsup:

I was going to say something about asking that newbie girl that keeps stirring things up but I think she's offline now and that just wouldn't be sporting...and I only allow myself one thread hijack per day...:cool:

(For the record, she started it)

I'm a bad man. :madman:

:D

Seriously, to the OP...If you'll be riding SoMo again try Cactus Bike. It's on Elliot and 48th next to the Safeway. Otherwise, like most everyone else will attest, Rage on Scottsdale road south of Thomas will do a good job, but again, it probably all depends on their availability. As far as west valley, I don't live there anymore so I can't say. Rage is worth the drive though.

·
aka Diesel
1,249 Posts
CactusJoe said:
I was going to say something about asking that newbie girl that keeps stirring things up but I think she's offline now and that just wouldn't be sporting...and I only allow myself one thread hijack per day...:cool:

(For the record, she started it)

I'm a bad man. :madman:
I am going to clip your tire, and I am going to make it look like an accident. Wear your armor on Hawes. :devil:

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Sounds like the freehub is slipping; not sure who will have parts for a CK though. I'm a Rage guy so I'm somewhat biased towards them. With any luck the hub just got loose or something simple like that.

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
You might check out slippery pig on Camelback Ave and Central Ave. They tend to have CK parts. They have always been very nice to my out of town friends that bust something or need some part and get things turned around for them quickly.

·
Black and Sticky
771 Posts
Try Bicycle Cafe on SE corner of Glendale and 16th Street. They are fairly new and still in the mode of going the extra mile on service. Haven't yet been jaded by crappy retail business. If they can't help, very close by you got Slippery Pig on Central and Landis on Indian School Road. Good luck.

Bob

·
Salty Dog
366 Posts
Sounds like the rear axle is broken inside the hub. Had the same thing happen on my CK set due to improper installation when the bike was built. I am almost sure I went to Rage and they sent me to Slippery Pig after they called to see if SP had the piece in stock.

I didn't send the broken axle to CK for replacement since it was a bad installation and not a defect. I was told that CK would replace it anyway...

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.