·
Registered
2020 Specialized Rockhopper Expert 1x / 2010 Specialized Hardrock Disc
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find the freehub anywhere. It is for the
REAR HUB
Shimano FH-MT200, 9x141mm QR, 32h, Center Lock™ disc
I want to replace only the freehub but can't seem to find it anywhere online. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey Pal! Tricky one this but hopefully you will have better luck finding this compatible freehub instead?

View attachment 1912324 View attachment 1912327 View attachment 1912329
Yes you are correct, very good information. The freehub body does fit on both of those models. It is just very hard to find the freehub body itself. I contacted Shimano directly and they do not have any in stock. The earliest is in late March. Looks like I will just need to preorder it from a local bike shop & sit back & wait for a whole 2 months maybe more. Darn I hate waiting for that long that is just ridiculous. 2 months or more for a part you need on your bike, sheesh.
If anyone sees this exact hub in stock please let me know I am looking to replace mine. Thank you.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yeah frustrating. Those kind of freehubs are hard to find at the best of times and these days everything it seems is out of stock.

Maybe worth a look for a complete suitable new/second hand rear hub, saw a few on ebay and they were selling cheap?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah frustrating. Those kind of freehubs are hard to find at the best of times and these days everything it seems is out of stock.

Maybe worth a look for a complete suitable new/second hand rear hub, saw a few on ebay and they were selling cheap?

Wait a min, I think I just buy that whole hub and just take off the freewheel hub piece and install it onto mine right? Is there any reason why it wouldn't work? same size right?

I mean that is cheaper than buying the piece separately. And the seller is in the US.

The one thing I haven't done on a bike is lace up my own wheels, which I'm not sure I will ever do even though it is doable lol. But I can surely take that freehub off and install it onto my bike fairly easily.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The example in the link won't work as a full replacement on your current wheel as it's not 141qr. Never laced a wheel either but agree it is a doable job if necessary just one of those scary jobs the first time round.😬

Really easy to swap over the freehubs with the correct size Allen key and cone spanners. The trickiest part would be setting your preload on the cup and cone bearings afterwards, easy enough just one of those trial and error jobs to get right. Loads of youtube stuff to show you how if you've not done it before.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The example in the link won't work as a full replacement on your current wheel as it's not 141qr. Never laced a wheel either but agree it is a doable job if necessary just one of those scary jobs the first time round.😬

Really easy to swap over the freehubs with the correct size Allen key and cone spanners. The trickiest part would be setting your preload on the cup and cone bearings afterwards, easy enough just one of those trial and error jobs to get right. Loads of youtube stuff to show you how if you've not done it before.

Yes good information. You are right the rest of the parts will not work except for the freehub body which is good because I was not going to lace up the hubs to my wheels anyway. So it all would work out. I am prolly going to go ahead and order that hub assembly from the link you posted above and just swap the fresh new freehub body off of it onto my existing setup and be done with it. I will order it this week, then it will take another week to get it. I'll post my progress back about compatibility and fitment of the swap when I'm done. Thanks for the advice Reaperactual.

·
Registered
246 Posts
👍 Your welcome @{|xDi|} and all good to go Buddy!

Worth keeping hold of the new hub afterwards as there are a few more common parts besides the freehub that you could use for future spares if needed.

It is not complicated but take your time and be patient to get the bearing pre load adjustment right, they make it look quick and easy on You tube but in reality it can take a while to get it set up nicely. 😇

1 - 8 of 8 Posts