Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I order a bearing kit for a 2019 Troy 29 carbon? I checked Devinci's website, and it seems like they want everything to happen through an authorized dealer. Unfortunately, I don't have a Devinci shop (or any decent bike shop for that matter) anywhere near me. My last few bikes were Santa Cruzes and I was able to get small parts and bearings directly from them.

Can anyone recommend an online retailer that has small parts?

Anyone here work at a Devinci shop that will ship a set?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Jensonusa are a devinci dealer. Perhaps give them a call with the part number from the previous post.

Curious to know if the bearings in your frame are shot and how you’re able to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did get new bearings, it was a bit of a PITA... I spoke with Fanatic eventually got it all figured out. Basically, I pulled the bike apart, got all of the codes off of the bearings themselves, then found and ordered them up.

For anyone needing new bearings for their carbon Troy 2019-20 there are (4) 6000RS, and (6) 6903LLU bearings.

I wouldn't say that the bearings in my bike are shot, but the rear suspension is starting to make some noise and that drives me nuts. Eventually all bearings will wear out. I usually change my suspension pivot bearings once a year. I'll usually pull the bike apart, pop the seals on the bearings, try to flush out any nasty dirty grease, re-grease, pop seals back in, and re-torque all of the pivot bolts a few times a year. When the bearings don't roll smooth after a clean & re-grease, I replace them.

It really seems like Devinci doesn't want people to work on their own bikes. Or, at least they don't go out of their way to make it easy for them.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
...but the rear suspension is starting to make some noise and that drives me nuts...
Same here. I just spent a few hours chasing down a clicking noise on my troy 29er. Turned out it was a disintegrated bearing in my atlas pedals.
I don’t get a whole lot of riding time these days and the linkages on my frame still feel tight, but I still wondered if the clicking was coming from worn pivots.
Good to know that sourcing bearings isn’t easy. Perhaps I should order a set now to save me frustration in the future.
Glad you got it sorted. Albeit frustratingly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts