Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help. Does anyone know any online stores that have good deals on Rock Shox Reba w/poploc. I got word from DEAN that my Duke 29er will be arriving next year! Also, does anyone know how much Bontrager Racelite 29 wheelset a la carte goes for retail? I'll post pix once I get the frame. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
rconceptsinc said:
Please help. I got word from DEAN that my Duke 29er will be arriving next year! .
But did they mention which season?

Just go to your favorite bike shop and make a deal with them on the parts you will need. At this time of year they will most likely be able to meet or beat online pricing, especially if you are going for a grouppo of some kind. If you don't have a favorite shop then go to the sticky post on shops selling 29"er stuff and start by calling the ones closest to you to save on shipping. Otherwise there is always Speedgoat or eBay.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bigwheel said:
But did they mention which season?

Just go to your favorite bike shop and make a deal with them on the parts you will need. At this time of year they will most likely be able to meet or beat online pricing, especially if you are going for a grouppo of some kind. If you don't have a favorite shop then go to the sticky post on shops selling 29"er stuff and start by calling the ones closest to you to save on shipping. Otherwise there is always Speedgoat or eBay.
Thanks for your advice but I am in Maryland and I do not know of any shops who will do "make a deal"...I've tried Performance and a few LBS. Speedgoats prices are usually close to full retail unless on sale. I'll keep looking though.

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
rconceptsinc said:
Thanks for your advice but I am in Maryland and I do not know of any shops who will do "make a deal"...I've tried Performance and a few LBS. Speedgoats prices are usually close to full retail unless on sale. I'll keep looking though.
Place an ad here at MTBR that states exactly what you want to buy. Perhaps another big hoop rider has a set of the Bonty's and somebody has a REBA with pop they are willing to "deal" you. Start negotiating and see if your price point is met.

Or contact Nate over at http://www.twentyniner.net/ to see what he is dealing this week.
;)

BB

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
Hi there, I posted last night, don't know if something misfired or what, but it's not there now. I would toss my shops hat in the ring, since others are doing the same. I'm in NY, ship all the time, and being a small 1 man operation, i'm reasonably priced. I encourage you to find someone local, as they will keep you going down the road, but if that fails, shoot me an e-mail. Happy trails!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MendonCycleSmith said:
Hi there, I posted last night, don't know if something misfired or what, but it's not there now. I would toss my shops hat in the ring, since others are doing the same. I'm in NY, ship all the time, and being a small 1 man operation, i'm reasonably priced. I encourage you to find someone local, as they will keep you going down the road, but if that fails, shoot me an e-mail. Happy trails!
yes i am interested in new stuff. i work at a shop that is going out of business (our QBP account is no longer accessible) so I know dealer costs. i am hoping to find someone to sell me a 2006 Reba 29er w/ poploc and a nice 29er wheelset ( both new )

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Like I already said. Self-promotion for commercial purposed is not allowed by MTBR guidelines. Not when someone asks for help. Get a classifieds ad please. Why re-post when you've just been deleted?

·
16,470 Posts
Cloxxki said:
Like I already said. Self-promotion for commercial purposed is not allowed by MTBR guidelines. Not when someone asks for help. Get a classifieds ad please. Why re-post when you've just been deleted?
Sorry, where did you say that here, I never saw it. I had no idea I was pulled previously, I trust technology about as far as I can throw it, I just figured it got messed up somehow, it's happened before. This is a blurry line we're talking anyway, Brucebrown recommended someone, I guess I should have a friend post my existence next time? There's also a shameless self advertisement thread in here, how does that differ? I also stated that they should support their LBS if at all possible first, because I am one, and I believe that local support keeps us all afloat. Many a business is hurt by on-line price killers, and I don't wish to be construed as encouraging that.Thanks, not trying to be difficult, just get a handle on what's acceptable, and what's not.Ride hard.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Allowing it would open up everyone to promote their own shop. A huge part of the active posters has or works at a shop. Then the fine line would become when it's appropriate to mention a shop name. In the end, with 300 simultanious viewers, it'd be ad-board with a bit of content. I can totally understand MTBR's policy here.

The deleted post should be still visible, with my remark. Not sure though, I'm on a mod account after all.

·
16,470 Posts
Cloxxki said:
Allowing it would open up everyone to promote their own shop. A huge part of the active posters has or works at a shop. Then the fine line would become when it's appropriate to mention a shop name. In the end, with 300 simultanious viewers, it'd be ad-board with a bit of content. I can totally understand MTBR's policy here.

The deleted post should be still visible, with my remark. Not sure though, I'm on a mod account after all.
Yeah, I can't see it, it just disappeared. So, it's only okay, when someone else mentions a shop, or when theres a thread telling me to post my shop? Just ironing out the wrinkles of understanding. I agree we don't want to be an ad board, and I stay out of it, offering information 99% of the time, check me out, you'll see I am not out there trawling for business. However, the opportunity arises now and them, should I just PM them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.