Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!
Looking for a Rock Shox Mag 21 with Hope brake, or the Hope mounting kit that allows a disc brake to be run on a Mag 21.
Any leads would be great!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Shayne said:
Help!
Looking for a Rock Shox Mag 21 with Hope brake, or the Hope mounting kit that allows a disc brake to be run on a Mag 21.
Any leads would be great!
Have you tried contacting Alan Weatherill (sp?) from Hope in the UK? Probably your best bet. You never know what he might find down the back of the sofa, so to speak.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,456 Posts
Photos, photos!!!

Did not know this was done...theoretically, if possible on 'a' Mag 20/21, then possible on any old school canti tab fork? PHOTOS, Por Favor!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good luck!!

rideit said:
Did not know this was done...theoretically, if possible on 'a' Mag 20/21, then possible on any old school canti tab fork? PHOTOS, Por Favor!
I think it was only a kit to fit the Mag 21.

It worked with a splined Hope hub (much like the latest XTR design, but predating it by... oooh... over 10 years!), fitted rotor on that, then an ugly black arm clamped around the bottom 3 or so inches of the left-side fork outer. The caliper attached to that black arm and sat in front of the fork leg. I think it worked reasonably well, although I never tried it personally.

As for finding a picture of it, good luck! The last time I saw a picture of this was in an a very old MBUK that I must've flicked through in about 1996...

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, Cambria still had some of those in 2001

uphiller said:
There were also versions for the early Judy forks. Same deal- clamp-on adpater for the left lower leg of the fork, the caliper bolts to the adpater.
I got one and modified it a bit to work on a Cannondale rigid fork

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I;m not looking for a Mag 21....

Wheelie said:
I have a '94 Specialized Future Shock that I'll let go for $50. The FS was a relabled Mag 21 for all intents and purposes.
I'm looking for the Hope disc brake adapter for the Mag 21

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.