Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the verge of buying a new bike and it's between the Ibis Mojo and the Yeti 575. Now I realize I'm in a Yeti thread and you all love Yeti's here but I'm on the fence between the two. Problem is (or not a problem if I want the Ibis) I can Demo an Ibis all day because there are several dealers in the area but I can't find a place I can Demo a Y575. (I live in Northern NJ. almost NY state)

I can't plunk down 4G's on a bike I have not ridden and I want to ride both before I decide. Is there any way to demo one in this area before I make a decision?

Also what's the feeling on going all carbon or carbon front with the aluminum rear on the 575. I worry about slamming the rear chain stays into rocks around here. Insane technical rock heavy trails in this area.

Thanks for the input in advance.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
there are dealers like Full Cycles that can ship demo's if you don't find any local alternative.
Also what's the feeling on going all carbon or carbon front with the aluminum rear on the 575.
also, just to avoid confusion... the 575 front is all aluminum, just the rear that can be carbon or alu/carbon

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crisillo said:
also, just to avoid confusion... the 575 front is all aluminum, just the rear that can be carbon or alu/carbon
OH thanks. I didn't realize that. So then my question is still the same. How do people feel about the rear being carbon and hold up in real agressive riding and rock heavy areas.

I guess I could always go carbon and if I trash it replace it with an ALU rear.

any thoughts on that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.