Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
Joined
·
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to "out" anyone if you're riding some secret trails around town but where are you riding this weekend. With the price of gas the Gooseberry/Thunder Mountain/Navajo Lake/Brian Head rides are disappearing and we're sticking around town now. I know that the swap meet is Sat. but I would just come home with more stuff I can't fit into my garage ;)

Bootleg Canyon? Mt. Charleston? Blue Diamond?

Where are you going and when?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
Looks like a possible change of plans. Not a 20 minute drive after all. Just fall out of bed and go.

Hey boys. Might be just a few of us. I'm proposing we ride from
Carson City, up Kings Canyon, Spooner to Marlette, Up the TRT to Marlette
Peak. From there I'd like to check out Christopher's
Loop...supposedly the best view of the Lake anywhere. Depending on
Snow, we could follow the TRT to Tunnel Creek or go back to Hobart
Road. Down to Hobart, back on Ash Canyon or even Lakeview.


mmmmm How many of you are scouting your route depending on snow?
 

Attachments

·
Single Malt
Joined
·
958 Posts
Do the Blue

We have been doing the Dead Horse Loop backwards the last few Wed.'s. Really need to get out early, we started @ 7:30 last Wed., and it felt like we were two hours late! (Pic)Top of Satan's Escalator. I might add that I cleaned it twice in a row on my SS!! I suppose I should add that I was going down it both times also!!!!
 

Attachments

·
Slowly but surely...
Joined
·
205 Posts
I'm going to try and make that 6:30 Cottonwood ride if I can get the new shifters and derailleur on the bike tonight. I talked to the organizer and he said figure on a 1.5-2 hour ride.
 

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
Joined
·
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fmdj said:
I'm going to try and make that 6:30 Cottonwood ride if I can get the new shifters and derailleur on the bike tonight. I talked to the organizer and he said figure on a 1.5-2 hour ride.
Is this ride open to the public? Where are you meeting?
 

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
Joined
·
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alumni said:
Looks like a possible change of plans. Not a 20 minute drive after all. Just fall out of bed and go.

Hey boys. Might be just a few of us. I'm proposing we ride from
Carson City, up Kings Canyon, Spooner to Marlette, Up the TRT to Marlette
Peak. From there I'd like to check out Christopher's
Loop...supposedly the best view of the Lake anywhere. Depending on
Snow, we could follow the TRT to Tunnel Creek or go back to Hobart
Road. Down to Hobart, back on Ash Canyon or even Lakeview.


mmmmm How many of you are scouting your route depending on snow?
I've only read about that trail and seen some incredible pics....must be great to have that in your back yard :thumbsup: Maybe a road trip up through Ely into Reno.... mmmmm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
beagledadi said:
I've only read about that trail and seen some incredible pics....must be great to have that in your back yard :thumbsup: Maybe a road trip up through Ely into Reno.... mmmmm
Seven Hours! Door to door. I'm spent. Report and pics soon.
 

·
weirdo
Joined
·
6,223 Posts
Alumni said:
Seven Hours! Door to door. I'm spent. Report and pics soon.
If you did the ride you described, I don`t doubt you`re tired. I did it without the Marlette peak part last year and it pretty well whooped my butt. Up Kings, Marlette to Hobart, down Ash Canyon, cut over from Winnie to King. Climbing back up King street to where I was parked at the end of the pavement felt like it took me week.

Beagledadi, I just now saw this thread- your first pic is pretty killer. Good job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
S. NV - Kyle Canyon

I've been riding Kyle Canyon XC single-track

In the past few years, the trails in this are have dramatically improved. And NO, it is not all Down Hill trails. The trails are great for XC riding as well. Park at the bottom, and ride single-track all the way (~2,000') to the top. The trails are different from everything else in the valley (Cowboy, Blue Diamond, BC,) and significantly cooler during the summer.

From the 95, take Kyle Canyon ~15 miles and turn right. Park by the trees. Ride down the road across the dry wash, take the double track left ~15 yards and you will see the single-track on the right.

It is ~5.3 miles to the top, via Tardus et dolar and the trails by Robbers Roost. The end of the trail is located across the road from the camping area near the summit. From the top, you have several options to come down. That is something you will have to ride to figure out on your own. I can tell you, they are all great.

(Stay of your back brake on the way down, and as long as the horses stay off the trail, it will only get better.)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top