Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
Joined
·
19,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin' to see whazzup for a ride this Sinday. Wouldn't mind riding Hogan, I'll bet it's gonna be perfectamundo.

Anything cool going on fairly close to Stucktown? It'll be hard to match the Auburnt ride we did last weekend, but I'm game to try.

fp
 

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
Joined
·
5,904 Posts
I'm game for a Hogan Ride

Finch Platte said:
Lookin' to see whazzup for a ride this Sinday. Wouldn't mind riding Hogan, I'll bet it's gonna be perfectamundo.

Anything cool going on fairly close to Stucktown? It'll be hard to match the Auburnt ride we did last weekend, but I'm game to try.

fp
I'm game for a Hogan Ride. I'll be at New Melones all day Saturday so a closer to home ride would be good on Sunday. The trails are great but overgrown with schrubbery at Hogan. Bring some pruning sheers.
 

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
Joined
·
2,546 Posts
0gre...... The trails are great but overgrown with schrubbery at Hogan. Bring some pruning sheers.[/QUOTE said:
That's for sure. I rode there a week ago and have never seen the trails so overgrown and the lake so high. The lake actually touches the little connector trail from the parking lot to the trail head.
 

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
Joined
·
5,904 Posts
Lake crossing

fred-da-trog said:
0gre said:
...... The trails are great but overgrown with schrubbery at Hogan. Bring some pruning sheers.
That's for sure. I rode there a week ago and have never seen the trails so overgrown and the lake so high. The lake actually touches the little connector trail from the parking lot to the trail head.
Yeah, everyone does creek crossings but it's a rare day that you get to do a lake crossing :) I guess there are going to be some Boy Scouts out there this weekend cleaning things up a bit. Hopefully they will fight back some of the brush that's threatening to eliminate the upper trail in some sections.

-- Dennis
 

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
Joined
·
19,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I swear to God.

0gre said:
I'm game for a Hogan Ride. I'll be at New Melones all day Saturday so a closer to home ride would be good on Sunday. The trails are great but overgrown with schrubbery at Hogan. Bring some pruning sheers.
If someone would invent blades that attach to front wheels, it would make things so much easier. Do the ride, and you've cut back all the overgrowth.

Thanks for the warning. :rolleyes:

fp
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top