Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good recommendation for about $500.
I am looking for some good v brakes, good plush fork, deore components, and sub 30 lb weight.

I already looked at the Ibex, and I just would really want to get some v brakes for ease of adjustability. I don't bike in wet conditions, and it is dry 95% of the time in California.

All the bikes that come with vees have crappy components! -.-

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
taikuodo said:
I am looking for some good v brakes, good plush fork, deore components, and sub 30 lb weight.
I already looked at the Ibex, and I just would really want to get some v brakes for ease of adjustability. I don't bike in wet conditions, and it is dry 95% of the time in California.
I'll keep an eye out for you on the V brake thing. Finding one wont be easy since the Disco marketing
has changed even the frame builders into disc only offerings (no V bosses) :madman:

Jake :ihih:

EDIT: Nice graphics you did on the ALP 550 :thumbsup:

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
taikuodo said:

IMO, Disc brakes are easier compared to the constant need for adjustments on V Brakes... Look at the Avid BB7... those are really easy to setup...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.