Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Northern Aggressor
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I just a bought an XCL (review pending my Bootleg trip this weekend), I am already eager to lust over something else.. so where's that steel 29er frame that's been rumored...... I heard there's some "inside" guys on this forum :D :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
786 Posts
I've seen the prototype out on the local trails. I think it may have been spotted at the Fullerton Loop last Thursday actually...

·
Northern Aggressor
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm... I'm thinking of a company in Europe.... England actually... could it be... Reynolds?:thumbsup: :D

·
Northern Aggressor
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jasoooooonnnnnnnn..... :thumbsup:

Whats the ETA on this bad boy? I need to satiate my 29er jones by the spring :D .

·
WWJR
460 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
NWchumba said:
this bike better be steel my friend.

al on a big bike is just too flexy
That's a weird thing to say as aluminum frames are generally stiffer than steel, aren't they?

·
Registered
117 Posts
ChumbaJason said:
Aluminum is generally stiffer than steel. Both have unique quality's. :thumbsup:
Aluminum isn't actually stiffer than steel. Steel has a higher modulus than aluminum and as result frame makers use thinner steel tubes analagous to thicker aluminum tubes. This means the cross section of steel tubing has generally has a higher area moment of inertia than a thicker aluminum tube of comparable strength. The higher the area moment of inertia the higher the slenderness ratio - the key factor in what we percieve as stiffness.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts