Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did you all do with your 26er's? I stole the parts I needed to build my 29er, now I am thinking about building a commuter out of it.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
EBay became my friend.
I tried Craigslist....but got too many pests ( tire kickers, gabbers and folks wanting to trade)
Had to do a lot of boxing and shipping...but well worth not dealing with the wierdos.
Almost all the 26 stuff is gone....2 vintage frames left

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Mine is hanging on the wall next to my 29er. It's a great backup bike and I won't get enough out of selling it to replace it with a similarly spec'd bike.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Ebayed

Had a Turner Burner and a Specialized Stumpjumper HT.

Parted out and sold on Ebay. Only regret selling the Turner...such a nice bike.

Kept my first montain bike though...a 1993 MT400 Raleigh using Tomac's race geometry. Not that great of a bike, but has awesome sentimental value. Now I use that bike to ride with the kids around the neigborhood.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Still got my FS 26er (Giant Anthem 0), however I haven't ridden it since I got my rigid SS 29er.

Update...

In the middle of parting it out right now.......

·
Registered
85 Posts
My '92 Specialized Hardrock rigid is now a full-time commuter bike complete with snap-on fenders, lights, combo tires and studded tires in the winter.

·
3,707 Posts
Ran over it with my gigantic 29" tires.

Really, it was sold within 2 months. Thought about picking up a hard tail, but after a ride on the 29er, I don't see the need.

I did, however, have a 1998 Gary Fisher Big Sur I bought new. Too bad it was stolen. If I ever get that back (1:10^4324 chance), that's the only 26" bike I'd ever hold on to.

·
The Dog.
959 Posts
It sits at home on the other side of the country, so that I have a bicycle to ride when I go home. I've considered selling it, but it has great sentimental value.

My dad got a 29er recently, so I thought that I'd be able to ride that when I go home. He's loving it so much, though, that I think I'll have to ride my 26er with him.

·
Team Hardcore Cornbread
525 Posts
I kept them both, el Saltamontes and el Ciclon and still love them both. I really enjoy the differences in riding a 26er and a 29er and the way they both can add or change the way I ride. Why get rid? I suppose if my 29er (El Mariachi) was not SS and hard tail I may think different.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Sold all of mine at the bike swap meet held by an LBS. Also sold a lot of old Campy parts that had been accumulating over the years.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts